I trained at Hodge Jones and Allen and qualified as a Solicitor in 2002. Upon qualification, I travelled for a year in Australia and Asia. I returned to Hodge Jones and Allen in 2007.
I specialise in Children Matters with an international element. I have particular expertise in acting for parents in International Child Abduction matters under the Hague Convention 1980.
I am a panel member of the Law Society’s Family Law Advanced Accreditation scheme in International Child Abduction, Wardship and Private Law Children. Panel members have shown to the satisfaction of the Law Society that they have and will maintain a high level of knowledge and experience in specialist areas of family law.
I am regularly instructed by the International Child Abduction Unit to act for parents whose children have been abducted and brought into England and Wales. I also act for parents who find themselves accused of child abduction under the Hague Convention 1980.
I act in cases involving Brussels II Revised. I have acted for parents seeking to enforce Orders for access (contact) obtained outside of England and Wales.
I have extensive experience and expertise representing parents involved in the full range of private Law children disputes such as Prohibited Steps Orders, Specific Issue Orders, disputes about with whom a child should live and spend time with.
I have experience of complex Private Law Children matters involving applications made under the inherent jurisdiction of the High Court, domestic violence and cases where children have been made a party to the proceedings.
I also act for clients facing marital breakdown in relation to divorce and financial remedy matters.
As a member of Resolution, I am committed to representing my clients in accordance with Resolution’s code of practice to resolve matters in a non-confrontational, sensitive and cost effective manner.
- “I found Ms Tayo Taylor to be a serious professional. I appreciated her consistent approach in all aspects of my dealings with a very difficult and heart wrenching case that I found myself in. I found her ability to understand my situation and propose correct solutions (even when I doubted we could win), simply, inspiring. I’m now back in Australia enjoying my children thanks to her steadfastness. In every step of the case she kept me updated. She kept good relations with our barrister and liaised tirelessly up to the said trial, readying all evidence. Thanks to her doggedness, it was possible to win our case “hands down” as the opposition folded before the trial commenced. It is with pleasure that I recommend Ms Taylor as a solicitor for all international child abduction cases. Thank for being there for my children and me.”
- “Right from the first time I felt to be in the hands of a serious professional. I appreciated her professionality and her ability to totally understand my situation and my needs and propose appropriate solutions according to her good experience. In every single step of the case she kept me updated. She also kept good relations with my home country’s prosecutor. Thanks to her high skills it has been possible to solve the case in a very short time. I highly recommend Ms Taylor as a solicitor for international child abduction cases. Thanks for everything!” Mr C
- Legal Practice Course, College Of Law, London
- London Metropolitan University, Law (Hons 2:1)
- Bernard Pearce Solicitors, Solicitor, 2005 – 2006
- Willmett & Co Solicitors, Solicitor, 2004 – 2005
- Hodge Jones and Allen Solicitors, Solicitor, 2002
- Hodge Jones and Allen Solicitors, Trainee, 2000-2002
Membership & Appointments
- Law Society’s Family Law Advanced Accreditation Scheme
- Association of Women Solicitors
I enjoy travelling and have a passion for making my own jewellery.