About Reema Chugh
Reema has over 10 years’ experience in Property and Commercial disputes, having worked and led litigation departments at various law firms previously. She has acted for clients’ nationally and globally and helped them obtain successful outcomes to their long standing legal disputes.
As an accredited Mediator, Reema strongly believes in the spirit of resolving disputes without escalation to court. However, where an out of court settlement is not feasible, she does not hesitate to issue court proceedings adopting a robust approach on behalf of her clients.
Reema’s expertise includes, but is not limited to the following areas:
Commercial and residential property disputes
- Lease renewals and extensions
- Forfeiture of commercial premises
- Claims for dilapidations
- Rent reviews
- Service charge disputes
- Property evictions
- Boundary disputes
- Easement and rights of way disputes
- Tree root damage disputes
- Right to light disputes
- Nuisance claims
- Restrictive covenant disputes
- Mortgage repossession orders
"I have been working with Reema from HJA for a while now and have had a great experience to date. So much so that I have since referred several clients through to them and all have said how glad they are with the work. I highly recommend these guys." Richard from Trust Bricks Ltd
- Breach of JCT contracts such as delay in completion, payment issues, design issues and quality of the build
- Review and advise on JCT, MW contracts
- Debt recovery
- Breach of contract
- Shareholder and company disputes
- Negligence claims against surveyors, accountants
- Fraud asset recovery
- “Reema Chugh was fantastic, not only is her professionalism brilliant but the information given was clear and precise which led to a very satisfactory outcome. Cannot recommend her …. highly enough”.
- “I just want to thank you for your advice on what needed to be prepared for the court hearing on the 18 August 2023. The Order for Possession was granted.”.
- Reema helped me when I needed an emergency solicitor. She was able to support me last minute to complete my mortgage application. I appreciate her knowledge and communication skills with the other parties. She was always friendly and understanding of my current situation.
Memberships & Appointments
- Internationally Accredited Mediator
- Visiting Lecturer in Law at Nottingham Law School, part of Nottingham Trent University
Education & Personal Interests
- The Singapore International Mediation Institute (SIMI) – Mediation
- Nottingham Law School, 2011-2012- Legal Practice Course
- Nottingham Trent University, 2008-2011- – LLB Hons
Reema enjoys reading, keeping active and has a keen interest in charitable work. She is a Trustee of a charity she founded in 2018 called the AUM Charity which aims to assist victims of domestic abuse and children in need.