- Criminal Defence
- Representing You
- Challenging Orders and Punishments
- Defending your Case
- Deletion of criminal records for convictions and cautions
- Driving Offences
- Drugs & Money Laundering
- Protest Law
- Sexual Freedom
- Sexual Offences
- Young People & The Law
- What’s the Process
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Law
- Civil Liberties
- Court of Protection Deputyship Solicitors
- Employment Law
- Family Law
- Wills & Probate
- Medical Negligence
- Military Claims
- Personal Injury Solicitors
- Dispute Resolution
- Serious Fraud
- Social Housing
- Asbestos and Mesothelioma
- Property Disputes
Awards & Accreditations
Criminal Defence Solicitors London
If you are accused of a crime, you will want the best possible legal representation from a specialist criminal defence solicitor. Our large team is based in London, but has national reach. Our lawyers are highly specialist, with a depth and breadth of experience unparalleled in this area. Our solicitors have the skills and knowledge to provide outstanding legal advice and representation to our clients, and to secure the best possible results. Our solicitors believe that only through robust, fearless representation of their clients can fairness be achieved in the criminal justice system.
Recognised as outstanding criminal solicitors
We are seen as leaders in our field by our peers and legal directories. We are ranked in the top tier by The Legal 500 with our “strong crime team” praised as “professional yet accessible”. Chambers & Partners directory noted our “specialist handling of high profile cases” and called ours a “well respected practice” whose “expertise covers all areas of serious crime”. Our department and individual solicitors are consistency nominated and recognised for awards.
Introduction to our Criminal Defence Litigation team
What We Do
Whist we have the day-to-day experience and knowledge to deal with all aspects of criminal defence litigation, we have particular expertise in the following areas:
- Serious Violence and Drug Offences
- Fraud and Financial Crime
- Confiscation, asset seizure and restraint
- Regulatory and disciplinary matters
- Sexual Offences
- Driving matters
- Public order
- Protest and Human Rights
- Court Martials
- Reputation Management
- Private client
Whilst we frequently deal with high-profile cases involving ground-breaking issues of law, we recognise that to each client their case has profound importance. We will be committed to your case no matter how large or small. You can expect to receive clear advice from a solicitor able to think strategically using the team’s vast experience and knowledge of criminal litigation. You will have a solicitor who is tenacious in their representation.
- Assist you in your case from the first hint of investigation. We can work to encourage no prosecution to be taken.
- If your matter ends up in court, we can guide and represent you through the entire process, right up to appeal to the highest courts if necessary.
- Ensure the best possible advocacy on your behalf. Our solicitors have enormous experience and confidence in the magistrates court and many have Higher Rights of Audience so can appear before the Crown Court. If specialist counsel is needed we are able to instruct exceptional counsel to assist your case.
- Where necessary on large cases we will build a team with substantial experience and range of skills to deal with your matter.
Our Client Care
Our lawyers are committed to robustly defending our clients. We take the time to understand your case and your approach to it, so that we can fight better on your behalf. Our lawyers’ patient, diligent and approachable manner is appreciated by our clients. Here are a few recent comments we have received:
“The service I received was nothing short of brilliant and I couldn’t fault them in any way. And they got me exactly the result I wanted”
“ we support a lot of young people who are accessing legal representation through legal aid and it often feels like they get quite a raw deal. Your approach was noticeably different from the vast majority of firms. Your time, patience and accessibility demonstrated …. your investment in a good outcome”
If you would like to speak to one of our criminal defence solicitors, please call 0800 437 0322 or request a call online. We will seek to swiftly allocate the most appropriate person to defend you.
We understand that there are times when legal advice and representation is needed immediately. If you are arrested or urgently require assistance, please call our 24 hour hotline on 0844 848 0222.
There are different options for funding, depending on the type of offence and the stage your case has reached. We will be happy to discuss this with you. It may be that you will be eligible for legal aid and we can help you to secure this if you wish to apply. Should your matter be privately funded, you can be reassured of transparent charges which will allow you to stay in control.