About Aneka Thirurajah
Aneka is a solicitor in the Crime department. She has been at Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors since 2017, starting as a member of Crime Support and completed her training contract here. During her training contract, Aneka undertook seats in Civil Liberties and Medical Negligence, as well as Crime.
Whilst training in Crime, she was under the supervision of Raj Chada, head of the Crime department, working primarily on protest and financial crime cases. During her time working on protest cases, she dealt with a large number of clients who were arrested during the Extinction Rebellion protests in both April and October 2019 and she gained experience in confiscation proceedings when dealing with financial crime matters.
Prior to starting her training contract, she worked as a paralegal for two Partners, Kerry Spence and Sean Caulfield, on a variety of other criminal matters such as extradition, general crime and serious organised crime.
Career & Personal Interests
- Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, Solicitor, March 2021 – present
- Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, Trainee Solicitor, September 2019 – March 2021
- Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, Paralegal, September 2018 – September 2019
- Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, Crime Support/Paralegal, June 2017 – September 2018
- LPC MSc (Commendation), University of Law, 2017 – 2019
- Law LLB, 2:1, Oxford Brookes University, 2014 – 2017
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association