About Aneka Thirurajah
Aneka is a solicitor in the Crime department. She has been at Hodge Jones & Allen since 2017, starting as a member of Crime Support and completed her training contract here. During her training contract, Aneka undertook seats in Civil Liberties and Medical Negligence, as well as Crime.
Whilst training in Crime, she was under the supervision of Raj Chada, head of the Crime department, working primarily on protest and financial crime cases. During her time working on protest cases, she dealt with a large number of clients who were arrested during the Extinction Rebellion protests in both April and October 2019 and she gained experience in confiscation proceedings when dealing with financial crime matters.
Prior to starting her training contract, she worked as a paralegal for two Partners, Kerry Spence and Sean Caulfield, on a variety of other criminal matters such as extradition, general crime and serious organised crime.
"I had an excellent experince with Hodge Jones and Allen Solicitors. I was working with Aneka as my solicitor and she was so helpful and kind, but most of all she was extremely professional and knowledgable. She was very reassuring through the whole process and I really can't thank her enough. Highly recommend Hodge Jones and Allen as a firm, and Aneka as a solicitor."
- Aneka Thirurajah was my criminal defence solicitor who supported me for 5 months during the period I was falsely accused of ABH. She attended the police station with me for my interview, prepared my statement and advised me every step of the way, explaining everything thoroughly. Aneka really knows her stuff, is extremely polite, pleasant and yet is no push over. Aneka’s advice prevented me from possibly being arrested at home (after I became completely frustrated by the ridiculous nature of the acusations) and made it clear to the police that whilst we would comply, things would be done our way. Aneka continued this approach over several months and knows how far to push things, what things are worth pushing for and more importantly what things are not. She did not hesitate in informing the questioning officer, that his line of questioning was already covered by our (very well prepared) statement. Today the case was dropped and the police enquiry has come to an end. I would 100% recommend Aneka as a passionate, learned, bright criminal defence solicitor, who will be in great demand in the future.
- “I had an excellent experince with Hodge Jones and Allen Solicitors. I was working with Aneka as my solicitor and she was so helpful and kind, but most of all she was extremely professional and knowledgable. She was very reassuring through the whole process and I really can’t thank her enough. Highly recommend Hodge Jones and Allen as a firm, and Aneka as a solicitor.”
Career & Personal Interests
- Hodge Jones & Allen, Solicitor, March 2021 – present
- Hodge Jones & Allen, Trainee Solicitor, September 2019 – March 2021
- Hodge Jones & Allen, Paralegal, September 2018 – September 2019
- Hodge Jones & Allen, Crime Support/Paralegal, June 2017 – September 2018
- LPC MSc (Commendation), University of Law, 2017 – 2019
- Law LLB, 2:1, Oxford Brookes University, 2014 – 2017
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association