Corporate Internal Investigations
There are a wide range of circumstances that might lead to a business deciding to contact lawyers to carry out an internal investigation.
Some of those circumstances to begin a corporate internal investigation may include the following:
- You might be concerned that your business has inadvertently become involved in the commission of regulatory or criminal wrongdoing.
- You could be worried that an employee has defrauded you or stolen money from you.
- You need to investigate whether an employee has breached internal policies or breached codes of conduct set out by your regulator. For example, through sexual harassment of a colleague.
Each of these circumstances may mean that you need to instruct an independent lawyer to carry out a full internal investigation to establish what has happened and advise how to move forward.
Why choose Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors?
It’s important that corporate internal investigations are handled with discretion and expertise. We have the know-how and resources to assist you in getting to the root of the problem.
Our leading financial crime solicitors have extensive experience across a range of investigations and industries, so can help you get to an ethical and sound resolution. We will put in place a strategy to help you protect your business’ interests when it comes to investigations around the following areas:
- Unlawful products
- Allegations of money laundering
- Concerns surrounding bribery and corruption
Our criminal defence experience means that at all times we are focused on the wider picture and ensuring your business is properly protected. We draw on expertise in a number of different areas from criminal, financial crime, civil and regulatory law to help find a solution to the problem your business finds itself in.
"THEY'RE EXCELLENT: THEY ARE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE EVERY LEVEL OF CASE FROM THE MOST COMPLICATED TO THE SIMPLEST, THEY'VE GOT THE RESOURCES AND DEPLOY THEM WELL, AND THEY'RE VERY PROACTIVE." - CHAMBERS UK AND PARTNERS 2019
We will work with you to ensure an ethical process that protects your current employees, your business’ reputation and seeks to find a suitable resolution, whatever the case you may face. We’ll cause minimal internal disruption and carry out discreet internal investigations to help protect your business.
Our experienced team of lawyers has been involved in internal investigations in a very wide array of circumstances over the years, including:
- Internal investigations further to concerns by the Competitions and Markets Authority (CMA) concerning price fixing and cartels.
- Internal investigations by banks following allegations of sexual harassment by senior employees and internal investigations carried out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).