I am experienced in dealing with the full range of criminal defence cases, but specialise in the most serious and complex. The cases I deal with involve serious violence and homicide, sexual offences, drug importations, armed robbery and conspiracy matters.
Much of my work is within the firm’s Serious Fraud Department, defending complex ‘white collar’ crime. This includes matters of conspiracy to defraud, money laundering, asset seizure and confiscation. I advise and represent those subject to investigation and prosecution by such agencies as the SFO, FCA, DBIS and HMRC.
Legal 500 recommended me within their directory and I am grateful to professionals and clients who describe me as “widely respected amongst the legal community“.
I am pleased to be able to offer my clients continuity of representation by acting in both the preparation and presentation of cases. As a Higher Court Advocate and before the Crown Court, I have represented clients on charges which have included possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, inflicting grievous bodily harm and conspiracy matters.
I am tenacious in representation of all my clients working hard to support them throughout the legal process.
- College of Law, London, LPC; 1997-1998
- University of Westminster, CPE; 1996-1997
- University of Birmingham, (B Soc Sci) Sociology and Politics; 1993-1996
- Hodge Jones and Allen, Partner – 2010
- Higher Court Advocate – 2008
- Hodge Jones and Allen, Associate – 2006
- Hodge Jones and Allen, Solicitor – 2002
- Admitted as Solicitor: 2000
- Training Contract, Edward Fail Bradshaw and Waterson: 1998-2000
- R v R and others: Widely reported investigation by Anti-Terrorist Branch alleging conspiracy to defraud.
- R v B and others: Conspiracy to Defraud and money laundering case with a central allegation that charities were set up and dishonestly operated.
- R v H and others: Conspiracy to Defraud – ‘long firm’ fraud case, largest fraud prosecuted by DBIS.
- R V S and another: Instructed advocate on high profile conspiracy to defraud of a publicly funded body.
- R V A and others: Multi-handed kidnap, false imprisonment and GBH trial.
- R v S: Murder trial.
- R v F: Attempted murder, GBH and false imprisonment trial.
Articles and Publications
Membership & Appointments
- The London Criminal Courts Solicitors’ Association