I am experienced in dealing with the full range of criminal defence cases, but specialise in the most serious and complex. This includes homicide, drug importations, armed robbery and serious assaults. I have particular expertise in the defence of serious and complex fraud. I have been ranked for this work by the Legal 500 and described as “analytically minded” I have extensive experience in defending cases alleging money laundering and conspiracy to defraud. I regularly advise in relation to asset seizure and confiscation.
I am pleased to be able to offer my clients continuity of representation by acting in both the preparation and presentation of cases. I am a Higher Court Advocate and my experience before the Crown Court includes grave matters such as possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, inflicting grievous bodily harm and conspiracy matters.
I am committed to tenacious representation in cases both private and publicly funded. My approachable manner, hard work and advocacy are frequently commented upon in client feedback.
- College of Law, London, LPC; 1997-1998
- University of Westminster, CPE; 1996-1997
- University of Birmingham, (B Soc Sci) Sociology and Politics; 1993-1996
- Hodge Jones and Allen, Partner – 2010
- Higher Court Advocate – 2008
- Hodge Jones and Allen, Associate – 2006
- Hodge Jones and Allen, Solicitor – 2002
- Admitted as Solicitor: 2000
- Training Contract, Edward Fail Bradshaw and Waterson: 1998-2000
- R v R and others: Widely reported investigation by Anti-Terrorist Branch alleging conspiracy to defraud.
- R v B and others: Conspiracy to Defraud and money laundering case with a central allegation that charities were set up and dishonestly operated.
- R v H and others: Conspiracy to Defraud – ‘long firm’ fraud case, largest fraud prosecuted by DBIS.
- R V S and another: Instructed advocate on high profile conspiracy to defraud of a publicly funded body.
- R V A and others: Multi-handed kidnap, false imprisonment and GBH trial.
- R v S: Murder trial.
- R v F: Attempted murder, GBH and false imprisonment trial.
Membership & Appointments
- The London Criminal Courts Solicitors’ Association