- Financial Crime and Regulatory
- Bribery & Corruption
- Carousel & MTIC Fraud
- Conspiracy to Defraud
- Health & Safety and Company Investigations
- Insider Dealing
- Money Laundering
- Mortgage Fraud
- Regulatory & Disciplinary Investigations
- Restraint, Confiscation & Cash Seizure
- Seizure & Forfeiture of Assets
- Tax Investigations
- What’s the Process
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Law
- Civil Liberties
- Court of Protection Deputyship Solicitors
- Criminal Defence
- Employment Law
- Family Law
- Wills & Probate
- Medical Negligence
- Military Claims
- Personal Injury Solicitors
- Dispute Resolution
- Social Housing
- Asbestos and Mesothelioma
- Property Disputes
Awards & Accreditations
Financial Crime and Regulatory Solicitors
They’re excellent: they are able to accommodate every level of case from the most complicated to the simplest, they’ve got the resources and deploy them well, and they’re very proactive.”
Chambers UK and Partners 2019
Our Financial Crime and Regulatory Team are instructed nationwide by corporates and individuals. We have acted in the most significant investigations by the Serious Fraud Office (SFO), HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), National Crime Agency (NCA), the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).
This includes providing successful representation in allegations of fraud, corruption, interest rate manipulation, insider dealing, economic sanction breaches, account freezing orders and tax investigations.
Financial Crime and Regulatory Services
We are able to represent you from an interview at the police station to any financial crime and regulatory hearing. We cover:
- Bribery and Corruption
- Business Crime and Fraud
- Cash and Asset Seizure
- CMA Cartels and Price Fixing
- Confiscation and Restraint
- Corporate Internal investigations
- Criminal and Regulatory in healthcare
- Dawn raids and searches
- FCA Insider Dealing and Enforcement
- Health and Safety
- HMRC Tax Investigations and Prosecutions
- Money Laundering
- Police Station Representation
- Professional Discipline and Regulatory
- Reputation Management
- SFO Investigations and Prosecutions
- Unexplained Wealth Orders
Why Do You Need A Financial Crime and Regulatory Solicitor From Hodge Jones & Allen?
Our team are highly experienced in conducting expert analysis of often niche financial transactions and are able to effectively convey what may initially appear to be overwhelmingly complex issues.
- Recognised as outstanding criminal solicitors. We also advise corporates/individuals on anti-corruption and money laundering compliance and risk management. This includes providing advice on HMRC due diligence requirements. We have successfully acted for individuals and corporates caught in an investigation by a prosecuting agency, securing no further action being taken and no charges being brought.
- Representation. Likewise where we have been called to act for individuals facing trial for financial crime and fraud related charges, we are widely known for a meticulous trial preparation, which has secured outstanding success for many clients. Our vast and superior experience of acting for individuals includes acting for all manner of regulated professionals including bankers, accountants, solicitors, healthcare professionals (doctors, dentists, nurses and so forth) and teachers.
- Patient, diligent and approachable. We are therefore often the first port of call for professional discipline and regulatory matters and have successfully provided advice and representation in matters before the GMC, GDC and FCA not to mention tax tribunals. We are acknowledged as leaders in our field. Many of our lawyers are ranked as leaders in their field of expertise.
How to get in touch?
Our top ranking team have years of experience representing the innocent. We stand up to the prosecution who will always be represented by an experienced solicitor or barrister. We know how to fight and win cases. Our specialist solicitors will represent you at the Police Station or in Court.
If you need urgent representation call us today on 0800 437 0322. Share a few details with us and we’ll let you know how we can help you.
If you are calling outside our offices hours (9:30am to 5:30pm) call our free phone 24 telephone 0844 8480 222. There will always be someone at the other end of the telephone to assist you.
Meet the Financial Crime and Regulatory Team
Kiran Mehta is Joint Head of the Financial Crime and Regulatory Team. He is an expert in these fields having worked exclusively on Financial Crime, Regulatory and Privately funded Crime. He is currently acting for a number of corporates and high profile individuals in a range of matters from FCA investigations for Financial Crime to Regulatory actions against Bankers and representing high profile individuals in a range of criminal matters including sexual assaults.
Ruth Harris is Joint Head of Financial Crime and Regulatory Team. She has expertise in the defence of serious and complex fraud and has been ranked for this work by the Legal 500 and described as “analytically minded”. Her extensive experience includes defending cases alleging money laundering and conspiracy to defraud. Her recent caseload has included the LIBOR investigation.
Raj Chada has built a solid reputation representing clients involved with serious and complex bribery and corruption investigations. He has co-authored a book on the subject. Raj has advised clients in relation to the BAE bribery investigation and has been instructed by FTSE company directors accused of bribery to secure contracts. Many of the cases he has worked on have cross-jurisdictional aspects.
Graeme Hydari has an extensive knowledge of fraud related investigations and money laundering which have recently included advising in respect of Money Services Bureaus, “Phoenixing” Companies, Fraudulent Trading and Work and Pensions “benefit fraud”. Graeme also regularly advises on VAT offences and cash seizure & forfeiture.
Tim Thomas is a specialist in the defence of financial crime and regulatory investigations and prosecutions. He has experience in defending against the FCA and of its dual track investigations (regulatory and criminal) from his time working in the Enforcement division. Tim also has substantial experience in acting against SFO and RCPO.