About Ghislaine Sandoval
Ghislaine joined Hodge Jones & Allen in March 2022 shortly after she qualified as a solicitor. Prior to joining HJA, she completed her training contract at a well-respected law firm in Central London primarily gaining exposure to financial crime and confiscation proceedings. Ghislaine interned at a criminal chambers for six months and successfully completed the Bar Professional Training Course before cross-qualifying as a solicitor.
She regularly appears in the Magistrates’ Court and is currently undertaking her Magistrates’ Court Qualification to be a Duty Solicitor as well as her Police Station Accreditation. Ghislaine has represented victims of modern slavery and has a particular interest in acting for vulnerable clients. Her experience includes defending an application for an injunction to prevent gang related violence and/or drug dealing pursuant to Part 4 of the Policing and Crime Act 2009.
The client is always at the heart of Ghislaine’s work; she is an avid volunteer having undertaken pro bono work at the Personal Support Unit providing litigants in person practical and emotional support in addition to her role as a Befriender for the Prison Advice and Care Trust. Ghislaine is committed to supporting prisoners, those who have been convicted and their families.
- “I would like to take this opportunity to relay to everyone the outstanding work Ghislaine has done for me over the years she has been acting for me on a high profile and very difficult case! She has always made a real genuine effort to go above and beyond her required duties and always showing a deep compassion to my sensitive issues concerning the complexities of my case and life in general with obstacles that I have faced along the way! I don’t know how I would [have] coped with out her support and remarkable standards!! I am forever grateful for all that she has done…and I would highly recommend her to anyone!” – Mr T
- “Ghislaine has been ever present, showing strengths in various related disciplines and able to respond quickly and provide focused advice and representation for me.” – Mr A
- “I was fighting some serious charges at which I was looking at a very lengthy sentence if I was found guilty. At first I was very sceptical because the last solicitors that I just switched over from didn’t help with me putting my trust in solicitors. But then I was assigned Ghislaine…The reassurance she gave me while dealing with me throughout this whole case helped me so much. She fought for me and was part of the reason why I was able to even go through this whole case with so much ease. She was so attentive, always asking questions, never ever judgemental and always went above and beyond for me…I’m a free man right now she has a massive part to play in it.” – Mr F
Career & Education
- Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen, 2022
- Trainee Solicitor, Imran Khan & Partners, 2020 to 2022
- Paralegal, Imran Khan & Partners, 2018 to 2020
- Intern, 9 King’s Bench Walk, 2017 to 2018
Memberships & Appointments
- Women in Criminal Law
- Magistrates’ Court Qualification, ongoing
- Police Station Accreditation, ongoing
- Legal Practice Course (Distinction), 2020 to 2021
- Bar Professional Training Course (Very Competent), 2016 to 2017
- Bachelor of Laws in Law (1st Class Honours), 2013 to 2016