I was admitted as a Solicitor in 2009 and joined Hodge Jones & Allen in December 2010 as a Duty Solicitor in the Criminal Defence Team. I was promoted to Associate in November 2013.
I specialise in Criminal Law and was given early exposure to a broad range of criminal cases ranging from road traffic offences to murder and serious sexual offences.
I advise and represent clients at all stages of the process, from attending police stations after arrest through to conducting trials at the Magistrates Court, and preparing cases for the Crown Court. I have extensive experience in dealing with a wide range of offences, from motoring offences to drug conspiracies, kidnaps and murders.
In addition to protecting clients’ rights under Police investigation, I have experience in defending clients from various investigative authorities such as HMRC, DWP and the RSPCA. I also specialise in applications to expunge formal police cautions.
I represent both private paying and legally aided clients, and am strongly committed to the principle of access to justice for all, regardless of ability to pay.
- Police Station Accreditation Course (2007)
- LPC, College of Law, Chester (2006-2007)
- Leeds University, LLB (Hons) Law (2003-2006)
- Joined Hodge Jones & Allen December 2010 as Assistant Solicitor
- Galbraith Branley Solicitors – 2007-2010
- “Fast, reliable, efficient service. Jessica Davis is the best lawyer I have ever met.”
- “Jessica was a credit to your company.”
- v JT (Present) – currently representing a client accused of a multi-million pound conspiracy to cheat the public revenue.
- R v RB (Present) – currently representing a client charged with multiple counts of perverting the course of justice in relation to false allegations of rape.
- R v HA (2013) and R v MM – successfully secured the acquittals of two men charged with rape.
- R v O (2013) – represented a man charged with multiple counts of benefit fraud who was made subject of the BBC documentary “Saints & Scroungers”.
- R v SB (2012) – represented a client charged with kidnap and sexual assault of a young child.
- R v DN (2012) – represented a client in a 19 handed case of conspiracy to supply class A drugs.
- R v EN (2009) successfully secured the acquittal of a man charged with aggravated burglary and attempted murder.