Sophie joined Hodge Jones & Allen in October 2008. She was admitted as a solicitor in 2005, was appointed associate in July 2012 and was promoted to Senior Associate in April 2015. In April 2016 Sophie was promoted to a partner in the housing and property team within the firm. deals with a wide variety of housing cases including possession and eviction matters, homeless applications and appeals and disrepair cases. She is also experienced in bringing Judicial Review matters. Sophie takes a sympathetic and efficient approach to her cases to try and ensure the best outcome for her clients in the shortest possible time.
Sophie is a recommended lawyer by Chambers and Partners where she was described as someone with “great client skills and doggedness” and who “manages to exercise very sound judgement irrespective of what the case throws at her.” In Chambers 2019 sources said that “she is extremely good with vulnerable clients,” adding: “She’s always ahead of the game and gets very good results.” Sophie is also ranked in Legal 500 and has been described as a person who is “a top performer who leaves no stone unturned in the fight for her clients.”
- Law, University College London, 2.1
- Legal Practice Course, Distinction
Sophie has practised as a solicitor for 14 years and as a housing law specialist for over 14 of those. Prior to training as a solicitor she worked as a paralegal for a year and also worked for the Drug Action Team at Hackney Council
- “Very good and professional service received throughout, my client felt unjudged and supported.”
- “I would enthusiastically recommend HJA to anyone looking for professional,high quality legal representation. Their approach is straightforward and pricing/fee structure is uncomplicated and very good value. My personal experience working with HJA staff inc Sadhari, Sophie and Brady always left me reassured and confident that they were actively seeking the best possible outcome for my case. And I was extremely happy when my claim was indeed settled in my favour and within the time scale that HJA had initially predicted. All-round excellent service.”
- “The solicitor I saw [Sophie Bell] was friendly, professional and constantly kept me updated with my case. She was always approachable and answered any questions I might have had promptly. I would definitely recommend them to others.”
- “Professional and excellent solicitor.”
- “Definitely I would recommend this company to any one who wants success…nice to have Sophie Bell on my side.Thank you.”
- “You were very informative in keeping up to date with my case and making me know what my options were”
- “You managed to turn the case around from us facing eviction to getting what we needed.”
- “I’m very happy that a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I would like to thank you for taking on my case.”
- Sophie takes on complex and unusual cases and recently obtained a positive outcome for an elderly and vulnerable client who had been unlawfully evicted from his home by a property company who wished to develop the house and sell it on for profit. There were further complicating issues as the client’s name was not on the title deeds for the property and the lawful owner appeared to be deceased. Claims were brought against the property company and persons unknown and she was successful in obtaining a possession order against the company and an agreement that they would pay the client compensation of £13,000. She was also able to obtain an order to declare that the client was the sole legal owner of the house.
Sophie is an avid swimmer and enjoys the theatre and good food. She also plays the flute in an amateur orchestra.