Louise is an outstanding solicitor and her diligent and dedicated methods of work has led to a strong track record of successful settlements and delighted clients. Louise has over 20 years’ experience dealing with personal injury claims and was voted winner in the category of ‘best Fee Earner’ in the 2019 HJA staff awards. Often taking over ‘tricky’ cases from other solicitors Louise is passionate about her work and works tirelessly to ensure that her clients receive their required outcomes. Louise has a genial nature and has a good rapport with clients. She is an avid proponent of securing early rehabilitation for clients and ensures that their needs in terms of health and wellbeing are at the heart of the claim and that the client feels supported throughout. Louise’s specialist areas are complex claims – catastrophic injuries, including brachial plexus, amputations, chronic pain, brain injuries and spinal injuries. Louise exhibited for the firm at the HeadFirst brain injury conference in May 2019. Louise is an integral member and an important focal point in the Personal Injury department for up to date case law and best practice in training and supervision.
Following completion of the LPC in 1994/95, Louise trained with Clarke Willmott & Clarke in Bristol before moving to London where she represented motorcycle riders and subsequently completed my training.
Louise was admitted to the Law Society on 1st April 1999 and subsequently worked for Websters and latterly Proleglal Ltd. She has dealt with a variety of personal injury claims representing people from all walks of life and who have been unfortunately injured as a result of road traffic accidents, accidents at work, some slipping incidents and breaches of the Occupiers’ Liability Act.
Recent cases/ settlements
Whilst each case is decided on the basis of its own unique circumstances, the following give some examples of her cases:
- The client sustained a severe back injury as a result of a motorcycle accident. He received £70,000 together with his financial losses.
- Louise represented a man involved in a motorway accident who suffered both physical and psychological injuries. He was subsequently diagnosed with chronic pain. The defendant insurer refused to negotiate or engage in a meaningful settlement meeting. Through my representation and advice my client was awarded almost £200,000 at court. I was able to secure an extra £20,000 in interest for him.
- Another client sustained a nasty wrist injury and after a number of failed operations expert medical opinion recommended a total wrist replacement. The claim settled in the region of £200,000.
- Louise assisted a young girl (and her family) who sustained a head injury as a result of a road traffic accident.
- The client sustained a peripheral nerve injury following a nasty motor accident. His claim was valued up to £1,000,000. Louise liaised with a Case Manager and her client to ensure that he was happy with his rehabilitation. She obtained a number of interim payments from the insurers to help alleviate my client’s financial hardship caused whilst he was unable to work.
- Louise successfully recovered damages of over £200,000 for a man injured following a slipping accident.
- Louise assisted another client who sustained a cauda equina injury following a serious fall from some scaffolding.
- Louise assisted an amputee, with the instruction of specialists, to help treat my client’s phantom pain. She subsequently arranged for him to be seen by a prosthetic expert to help explain the types available and the likely rehabilitation outcome. Appropriate specialists and experts were instructed in relation to necessary care needs.