About Louise Jukes
Louise is an outstanding solicitor and her diligent and dedicated methods of work have led to a strong track record of successful settlements and delighted clients.
Louise has over 20 years’ experience dealing with personal injury claims and was voted ‘Winner’ in the category of ‘Best Fee Earner’ for 2 years’ running in the HJA staff awards!
Louise has a genial nature and has a good rapport with clients. She puts her client’s needs in terms of health and wellbeing at the heart of the claim, helps to secure early rehabilitation where possible and ensures that her clients feel supported throughout their claim.
Often taking over ‘tricky’ cases from other solicitors, Louise is passionate about her work and works tirelessly so that her clients receive their required outcomes.
Louise specialises in assisting clients who have been involved in cycling accidents, serious road traffic accidents or accidents at work and have sustained catastrophic injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, spinal injuries, chronic pain and amputations. Louise is also experienced in dealing with fatality claims.
Louise is an integral member and an important focal point in the Personal Injury department for up-to-date case law and best practice in training and supervision.
- Louise represented a man involved in a motorway accident who suffered both physical and psychological injuries. He was subsequently diagnosed with chronic pain. The defendant insurer refused to negotiate or engage in a meaningful settlement meeting. Through her representation and advice her client was awarded almost £200,000 at court. Louise was able to secure an extra £20,000 in interest for him.
- Louise’s client sustained a peripheral nerve injury following a nasty motor accident. His claim was valued at just over £2,800,000. Louise engaged a Case Manager to assist with her client’s rehabilitation by arranging treatments to alleviate his pain and psychological symptoms thereby helping to maximise his recovery. Louise obtained a number of interim payments from the insurers to reduce her client’s financial hardship caused whilst he was unable to work, before successfully settling his claim at a Joint Settlement Meeting.
Louise assisted an amputee, with the instruction of specialists, to help treat her client’s phantom pain. She subsequently arranged for him to be seen by a prosthetic expert to help explain the types available and the likely rehabilitation outcome. Appropriate specialists and experts were instructed in relation to necessary care needs.
Louise assisted another client who sustained a cauda equina injury following a serious fall from some scaffolding.
Louise assisted a young girl (and her family) who sustained a head injury as a result of a road traffic accident.
The client sustained a severe back injury as a result of a motorcycle accident. He received £70,000 together with his financial losses.
Louise’s client sustained a nasty wrist injury and after a number of failed operations, expert medical opinion recommended a total wrist replacement. The claim was settled in the region of £200,000.
Louise successfully recovered damages of over £200,000 for a man injured following a slipping accident.
- “Hodge Jones & Allen has been excellent handling my compensation claim case. Louise Jokes, Hina Modha, Sara Townsend and everyone else who was involved with the case has been on point with communication, keeping me up to date and advising me where possible. Cannot thank them enough!”
- “Back in October 2020, I was looking for a no win no fee solicitors. I found this company online, they have been very helpful all the way from the beginning, right through to my settlement figure. If anyone has an accident at work and isn’t their fault, please use Hodge Jones & Allen they are fabulous. I can’t thank them enough.”
- “I would recommend this solicitors firm, I had a work-related accident back in 2019, I got in touch with these solicitors in October 2020. They took my claim on and all the way through, they have advised and kept me up to date with everything. I would like to say if you have an accident at work with no fault of your own, then get in touch with this firm. Thank you again Louise and Chris for everything you have done for me.”
- “Brilliant service from start to finish. My morale was at rock bottom when I sort help from HJA to act on my behalf after seeing an advert on TV. I had suffered a serious injury at work which affected my physical and mental well-being. I never thought they would take my case seriously. A few months after making a claim, a gentleman from HJA contacted me and gave me his direct number and reassured me that they were taking my claim seriously and they believed they could help me. This put me at ease straightaway and the relationship began. I received regular updates via email and letters and I provided any information they required and attended various appointments needed to help build my case. Case took up to 3 years to resolve, I was pleased with the outcome and very happy to pay any fees due to HJA for all their hard work. Massive thank you to senior associate Louise Jukes and her team.”
"Brilliant service. I was very very happy."
Career & Personal Interests
Following completion of the LPC in 1994/95, Louise trained with Clarke Willmott & Clarke in Bristol before moving to London where she represented motorcycle riders and subsequently completed her training.
Louise was admitted to the Law Society on 1st April 1999 and subsequently worked for Websters and latterly Prolegal Ltd. She joined the Personal Injury team at Hodge Jones & Allen in 2016.
- APIL – Senior Litigator
When not working, Louise is kept busy by her active children and dog! Louise is also a keen runner and is helping to raise money for charity by competing in the AICS 10k for the Child Brain Injury Trust.