I have over 15 years’ experience dealing with personal injury claims.
My specialist areas are catastrophic injuries, for example where clients have sustained brachial plexus, amputations, head injuries, multiple orthopaedic injuries, spinal injuries and cauda equina.
I love my work and am diligent, dedicated and extremely motivated. I am highly organised.
I have a strong track record of successful settlements and ensure that:
- My clients feel supported throughout their claim;
- My clients are assisted with the rebuilding of their lives;
- My early interim payments are secured;
- Maximum compensation is achieved.
I am hugely loyal to those I work for and represent, enjoy being part of an efficient team and always work to combine my serious approach to my work with realism and good humour. Working collaboratively with all parties is another principle I adhere to, to ensure the best outcome for my clients.
Following completion of my LPC in 1994/95, I trained with Clarke Willmott & Clarke in Bristol before moving to London where I represented motorcycle riders and subsequently completed my training.
I was admitted to the Law Society on 1st April 1999 and subsequently worked for Websters and latterly Proleglal Ltd. I have dealt with a variety of personal injury claims representing people from all walks of life and who have been unfortunately injured as a result of road traffic accidents, accidents at work, some slipping incidents and breaches of the Occupiers’ Liability Act.
Recent cases/ settlements
Whilst each case is decided on the basis of its own unique circumstances, the following give some examples of my cases:
- My client sustained a severe back injury as a result of a motorcycle accident. He received £70,000 together with his financial losses.
- I represented a man involved in a motorway accident who suffered both physical and psychological injuries. He was subsequently diagnosed with chronic pain. The defendant insurer refused to negotiate or engage in a meaningful settlement meeting. Through my representation and advice my client was awarded almost £200,000 at court. I was able to secure an extra £20,000 in interest for him.
- Another client sustained a nasty wrist injury and after a number of failed operations expert medical opinion recommended a total wrist replacement. The claim settled in the region of £200,000.
- I assisted a young girl (and her family) who sustained a head injury as a result of a road traffic accident.
- My client sustained a peripheral nerve injury following a nasty motor accident. His claim was valued up to £1,000,000. I liaised with a Case Manager and my client to ensure that he was happy with his rehabilitation. I obtained a number of interim payments from the insurers to help alleviate my client’s financial hardship caused whilst he was unable to work.
- I successfully recovered damages of over £200,000 for a man injured following a slipping accident.
- I assisted another client who sustained a cauda equina injury following a serious fall from some scaffolding.
- I assisted an amputee, with the instruction of specialists, to help treat my client’s phantom pain. I subsequently arranged for him to be seen by a prosthetic expert to help explain the types available and the likely rehabilitation outcome. Appropriate specialists and experts were instructed in relation to necessary care needs.