Bahareh joined Hodge Jones and Allen as a Senior Associate in November 2018. Prior to this, she was at her previous firm for over 8 years where she was a Partner at the firm and one of the Housing supervisors for both Social Housing, Property Disputes and Residential Conveyancing.
She litigates across a broad range of areas of housing and property law disputes ranging from disrepair claims, landlord and tenant disputes, possession claims, review/appeals relating to local authority housing decisions.
She also has experience in property disputes to include disputes concerning freeholders or leaseholders, and Notices issued by the Local Authority.
She was the Duty solicitor at Barnet County Courts where she represented and acted on behalf of Tenants in defending possession proceedings, as well as acting for Landlords on possession matters.
She enjoys defending possession proceedings particularly involving invalid notices and pursuing matters of disrepair within the same set of proceedings which she enjoys as she is able to regularly negotiate and reach settlements for her clients.
- MA History and Politics, Birkbeck University, 2014 – 2016
- Legal Practice Course – College of Law, 2007 – 2008
- Law LLB (Hons) 2:1– Queen Mary University of London, 2004 – 2007
- Hodge Jones & Allen, November 2018 – Present
- SSP Law, April 2010 – 2018
- Trainee Solicitor at Baskin Ross and Co August 2008 – April 2010
- “I contacted Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors to advise and assist me in getting back my belongings from my landlord. Solicitor Bahareh worked on my case. After finding out that my landlord had disposed of my belongings, Bahareh was able to reach a settlement with the landlord to compensate me for all my belongings without going to court. I really appreciated the way she dealt with my entire case. Thank you”
- “Excellent customer service. I’m very happy with HodgeJones & Allen Solicitors [Bahareh].
- “Bahareh is always very helpful, efficient and lets us feel comfortable with what she is doing. Rather than using lawyer language, she speaks in a very easy-to-understand way and, furthermore, always wins the cases she is defending. Excellent professional!”
- “Our experiences with HJA to date have been very professional, efficient and pleasant. In particular the short time Bahareh has been with the firm she has demonstrated competence and effective turn around time of work given. I look forward to working with you more in the future.”
- Camden LBC v Tonello  All ER (D) 72 (Jan), March 2013 Legal Action
- Chalmiston Properties Ltd v Boudia 2015, Barnet County Court, Legal Action Dec 15/Jan 16
- Private landlord seeking possession against a tenant for arrears of rent, despite the tenant suffering with extremely poor conditions. Settlement was reached whereby the client received compensation, repairs to his property and a fixed term tenancy agreement for 3 years with the rent being fixed to below market rate for the duration of his tenancy.
- Acted for a client who was deaf and had secured arrears of rent on his social tenancy due to being unable to communicate with his landlord and no reasonable adjustments being made for him. The client was facing an eviction warrant the day after I was instructed. I was able to clear his arrears in full, dismiss the eviction warrant and set aside the possession order.
- Successful challenge to the local authority when seeking possession against non-secure tenants when their policies, or pre-action protocol has not been followed. Have been able to secure dismissal of the claim due to unlawful action being brought against the vulnerable tenant.
- Fluent: English and Farsi (Persian)
- Basic Introductory: French, German and Arabic
Bahareh enjoys travelling to different countries and continents and experiencing new cultures and languages, which she is always keen to learn. She is a passionate cook and enjoys hosting varied dinner parties and gatherings as well as eating out with friends and family.