I qualified as a Solicitor in September 2018 having successfully completing my training contract with the firm. As a Trainee Solicitor I worked with leading criminal lawyers on a wide range of cases including serious fraud, protest law, sexual offences, murder and extradition.
I have over seven years’ experience of working with vulnerable individuals in the criminal justice and human rights sector. I am committed to obtaining the best possible outcome for my clients and offer thorough advice and representation.
I am an accredited police station representative and frequently represent clients at the police station. I have a strong understanding of police powers and how to effectively challenge them. I previously acted as an Independent Custody Visitor which entailed monitoring the conditions in which detainees were held and ensuring that they were aware of their legal rights whilst detained. As a Trainee Solicitor in our Civil Liberties department I brought civil actions against the police. This developed my understanding of police powers which I have found particularly useful when preparing criminal cases.
Prior to joining the firm I worked in Texas on capital punishment cases and then as a Researcher for Reprieve, focusing on the use of the death penalty in the US, Middle East and South East Asia as well as the effectiveness of European intervention in the fight for global abolition of the death penalty.
- University of Law: Legal Practice Course, Distinction, 2014-2015
- University of Law: Graduate Diploma in Law, Commendation, 2011-2013
- University of Bristol: English Literature BA (Hons), 2:1, 2006-2009
- Hodge Jones & Allen, Solicitor, 2018 – to present
- Hodge Jones & Allen, Trainee Solicitor, 2016 – 2018
- Reprieve, Researcher – Death Penalty Team, 2015
- Texas Defender Service, Legal Assistant, 2014
- German and British Red Cross, Projects Assistant, 2010 – 2014
- “Best solicitors in the town especially Ruth Waters I have been to so many firms but I never saw someone committed and efficient like her. God bless her.”
- “Excellent service and advice. I had a lovely lady called Ruth who was a great character and made everything simple and light, I really enjoyed her company as well as her help. Would recommend the firm and her especially.”
- “Thank you so much for solving my case. Really appreciated.”
Boating, swimming and travelling.