I joined Hodge Jones & Allen LLP in 2009 and became a Partner in 2014. I specialise in all areas of Claimant personal injury work, including employers liability, occupiers liability, road traffic accidents including pedestrians and cyclists and highways claims. I also have extensive experience in dealing with accidents that have occurred on aeroplanes, when on a package holiday and accidents that occur in prison. I have a particular interest in dealing with repetitive strain injury claims and cases involving multiple defendants.
I have recently been appointed Transport Secretary for the APIL Transport group.
- LPC (Distinction), Nottingham Law School, 2006
- Law degree (2:1), Sheffield University, 2002 – 2005
- Joined Hodge Jones & Allen, October 2009
- Qualified as a Solicitor, September 2009
- Training Contract at Curwens Solicitors, 2007 – 2009
- Paralegal at a residential and commercial conveyancing law firm
- “The hospitality of your firm is fantastic. Leticia explained everything down to a ‘T’ and also the firm has made me very welcome and that they care about me; not just getting the money. They were putting right the wrong. Leticia has also been helpful”
- “Thank you so much for your time and professionalism in following my case, I have felt incredibly looked after and I am very grateful for the constant effort that you have shown throughout. Thank you for confirming the final settlement figure as discussed over the phone,
Once again a massive “thank you”!” Mr A
- “Leticia – it was nice to meet you at [the client’s] hearing. Thank you for your support and doing your best to help us get a good result.”
- “Leticia, thank you so much for your support and help.”
- “I was very happy with your service, it [my claim] was dealt with quickly, efficiently, and I felt that the amount I received for my claim was fair. Thank you once again.”
- Represented a hair dresser who suffered a repetitive strain injury in both wrists whilst constantly working without adequate breaks. Liability was denied throughout but the claim settled for £50,000.
- Acted for a council administrative worker who spent all day checking and stamping forms without adequate breaks and developed tendonitis in her elbow as a result. Liability was admitted and the claim settled for £25,000.
- Represented a waiter who tripped on uneven/broken tarmac causing him to fracture his wrist. Liability was denied by the Defendant but the claim settled for £4,000.
- Acted for an office worker when a cupboard fell on her at work causing concussion and a deep laceration to her forehead. Liability was admitted by her employers and she was awarded £6,000
- Represented a foreman who was injured when a fork lift truck reversed into him at work causing a soft tissue knee injury. Liability was initially denied but I managed to obtain CCTV footage of the accident and the claim settled for £8,000.
- Acted for a Client who was hit by an air hostess trolley whilst on a flight to Ghana. She suffered an injury to her knee. Liability was admitted and the Client received £3,500.
- Represented a plumber who was hit from behind when he was a passenger in his friend’s vehicle. The Client injured his wrist and back and required an operation. He was left with permanent symptoms and had to re-train as an estate agent. He received £100,000.
Membership & Appointments
- Member of APIL since January 2011
- Law Society Personal Injury panel
I enjoy running, socialising with friends, all things chocolate and I am an avid reader.