Leticia joined Hodge Jones & Allen in 2009, became a Partner in 2014 and was appointed Head of the Personal Injury team in June 2019. She specialises in all areas of Claimant personal injury work, including employers’ liability, occupiers’ liability, road traffic accidents including pedestrians and cyclists and accidents abroad. Leticia also has extensive experience in dealing with accidents that have occurred on aeroplanes and in prison. She have a particular interest in dealing with repetitive strain injury claims and cases involving multiple defendants.
Leticia is a recommended lawyer by the Legal 500 and has been described as “an excellent lawyer. Her knowledge of her caseload is comprehensive and she often anticipates points before they even arise.”
Leticia has recently been appointed onto the Executive Committee for APIL.
- Represented a hairdresser who suffered a repetitive strain injury in both wrists whilst constantly working without adequate breaks. Liability was denied throughout but the claim settled for £50,000.
- Acted for a council administrative worker who spent all day checking and stamping forms without adequate breaks and developed tendonitis in her elbow as a result. Liability was admitted and the claim settled for £25,000.
- Represented a plumber who was hit from behind when he was a passenger in his friend’s vehicle. The Client injured his wrist and back and required an operation. He was left with permanent symptoms and had to re-train as an estate agent. He received £100,000.
- Represented a Client who injured her ankle as a result of a tripping accident. Unfortunately she also developed fibromyalgia as a result of the accident so was left with permanent symptoms and could no longer pursue her career in law. Liability was admitted and the claim was settled for £75,000.
- Acted for a child who fell off a piece of play equipment and hit his head on a climbing frame. Our Client suffered a skull fracture and loss of hearing. Liability was firmly denied but the Defendant agreed to settle the claim for £65,000.
- “Your solicitor Leticia Williams was honest, forthright and compassionate. She was really helpful and gave good and honest advice.”
- “Leticia, you have been amazingly kind and supportive throughout this process and we appreciate all that you have done.
….your kindness, empathy and professionalism has made a traumatic case less onerous and we are all relieved that it has been quickly settled.” Jenny H.
- “My experience with HJA solicitors has been most positive. Mrs Leticia Williams was extremely friendly and helpful. I was satisfied with the end result and it was a delight to work with her. I could not have been more pleased with the service I received.”
- “The hospitality of your firm is fantastic. Leticia explained everything down to a ‘T’ and also the firm has made me very welcome and that they care about me; not just getting the money. They were putting right the wrong. Leticia has also been helpful”
- “Thank you so much for your time and professionalism in following my case, I have felt incredibly looked after and I am very grateful for the constant effort that you have shown throughout. Thank you for confirming the final settlement figure as discussed over the phone,
Once again a massive “thank you”!” Mr A
- “Leticia – it was nice to meet you at [the client’s] hearing. Thank you for your support and doing your best to help us get a good result.”
- “Leticia, thank you so much for your support and help.”
- “I was very happy with your service, it [my claim] was dealt with quickly, efficiently, and I felt that the amount I received for my claim was fair. Thank you once again.”
Membership & Appointments
- Member of APIL since January 2011; Senior Litigator & Executive Committee Member
- Law Society Personal Injury panel
- Head of the Personal Injury team at Hodge Jones & Allen, June 2019
- Joined Hodge Jones & Allen, October 2009
- Qualified as a Solicitor, September 2009
- Training Contract at Curwens Solicitors, 2007 – 2009
- Paralegal at a residential and commercial conveyancing law firm
- LPC (Distinction), Nottingham Law School, 2006
- Law degree (2:1), Sheffield University, 2002 – 2005
Leticia enjoys running, socialising with friends, all things chocolate and a great box set.