About Leticia Williams
Leticia joined Hodge Jones & Allen in 2009, became a Partner in 2014 and was appointed Head of the Personal Injury team in June 2019.
She has more than 12 years of experience dealing with all areas of personal injury, specialising in repetitive strain injury claims, complex road traffic accident claims and employment matters. Leticia also takes a keen interest in accident abroad cases, often taking cases on with limitation and jurisdictional issues.
Leticia has a track record of consistently achieving positive results for her clients who have serious and debilitating injuries. She is focussed on obtaining early rehabilitation for her Clients to ensure they return as soon as possible to their pre-accident state. The medical evidence for these types of cases is often challenging when proving causation. Leticia’s measured and calm approach means she is able to analyse the evidence and is not afraid of taking cases to trial.
Earlier this year Leticia and Karen Mann recorded a podcast where they explained the latest reforms to whiplash claims, which took effect in May 2021.
For the Sudden Bereavement Podcast, Leticia and Ken Brough discussed legal issues families might encounter following an unexpected bereavement.
“Leticia Williams is an excellent lawyer. Her knowledge of her caseload is comprehensive and she often anticipates points before they even arise.” Legal 500
"They are prepared to take on difficult cases and always have their clients’ best interests at heart. " Legal 500
- Acted for a Client who slipped on water in his workplace as a result of a leaking sink in the bathroom. The Client shattered his patella and broke his ankle. He underwent surgery on his knee cap and ankle. He developed a pulmonary embolism and was in hospital for over 2 weeks. He also suffered scarring and psychological injury. Liability was denied but after negotiation it was admitted. The claim settled for £55,000.
- SS– Act for a taxi-driver who was injured in a road traffic collision. He injured his leg, shoulder and back in the accident. He also suffered psychological injuries. Physiotherapy and psychological treatment were arranged so he could get back to work and enjoy family life. The claim settled for £35,000.
- WP – Represented a Client who was on holiday in Spain. The Client was looking for a bathroom when he entered a lift which took him down to an area in the basement. This was poorly lit and finding a door open he entered a room and sustained a severe electric shock. It was a transformer room. He was discovered unconscious and taken to hospital.He suffered severe burns to 60% of his body. He has been left with limited mobility in both arms, shoulders and neck and psychological injuries. He was in hospital in Spain for some time and then returned home to the UK. Although liability was not admitted the international insurers agreed to deal with the claim on a without prejudice basis. The claim settled for £250,000.
- JS – Represented a Client ( who was 91 years old when the accident occurred) was crossing the road when he was knocked over by a moped as the Defendant Driver was trying to steal his mobile phone. The Defendant Driver was prosecuted for driving offences.Our Client suffered multiple fractures to both legs, a shattered pelvis, a cracked left elbow, abrasions, scarring and psychological injuries as a result of the accident.The claim settled for £150,000.
- KD – Acted for a self-employed gardener who was driving uphill when the Defendant driver sped out of a junction and collided with the Claimant’s left hand side of his vehicle.
The Claimant suffered injuries to his right hand. Right knee, neck and migraines. The injury to his hand was considered permanent.Damages Awarded: £85,000
- “I just wanted to say thank you both so very much for making this a smooth and easy process, and for breaking down every small part so that I could progress with confidence in every decision that was made. Thank you so much!”
- “Leticia, you have been amazingly kind and supportive throughout this process and we appreciate all that you have done. ….your kindness, empathy and professionalism has made a traumatic case less onerous and we are all relieved that it has been quickly settled.” Jenny H.
- “Thank you so much for your time and professionalism in following my case, I have felt incredibly looked after and I am very grateful for the constant effort that you have shown throughout. Thank you for confirming the final settlement figure as discussed over the phone, Once again a massive “thank you”!” Mr A
"My experience with HJA solicitors has been most positive. Mrs Leticia Williams was extremely friendly and helpful. I was satisfied with the end result and it was a delight to work with her. I could not have been more pleased with the service I received."
“I just wanted to thank you again for all your hard work in completing this settlement, you did an amazing job of fighting my corner and finding a settlement from a situation that looked at one point to have very little hope.
I felt your service was second to none.
As for me the money will provide me with security and the ability to concentrate on my rehab for the next year or so without having to worry about money or work, so for that I am truly grateful.
If I ever need a lawyer again I shall be sure to call you first!”
“I think HJA and Leticia Williams handled my claim efficiently, with sympathy and with regard to my wishes. I am very grateful for the settlement achieved.”
“Your solicitor Leticia Williams was honest, forthright and compassionate. She was really helpful and gave good and honest advice.”
“The hospitality of your firm is fantastic. Leticia explained everything down to a ‘T’ and also the firm has made me very welcome and that they care about me; not just getting the money. They were putting right the wrong. Leticia has also been helpful”
Membership & Appointments
- An Accredited Senior Litigator & EC Member with APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers)
- Law Society Personal Injury Panel
- Member of the LexisNexis editorial board
- Director of Claims Portal Limited
Career & Personal Interests
- Head of the Personal Injury team at Hodge Jones & Allen, June 2019
- Joined Hodge Jones & Allen, October 2009
- Qualified as a Solicitor, September 2009
- Training Contract at Curwens Solicitors, 2007 – 2009
- Paralegal at a residential and commercial conveyancing law firm
- LPC (Distinction), Nottingham Law School, 2006
- Law degree (2:1), Sheffield University, 2002 – 2005
Leticia enjoys socialising with friends & family, a great box set and peloton #Pelo4Wine.