About Rebecca Shotton
Rebecca is a Trainee Solicitor who joined the firm in 2022. She is currently sitting in the Medical Negligence department assisting the team with their varied and complex caseload. Prior to joining the firm, Rebecca worked as a Claims Officer with experience in a broad range of legal areas, including clinical negligence, employers’ liability, and inquests.
Rebecca previously sat as a trainee in the Family department, having studied family law at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. During this time, she worked closely with the team’s Partners and their clients on a number of private family law proceedings relating to both children and financial matters.
Outside of work, Rebecca is an avid mental health advocate and has volunteered for the charity SANE, who aim to raise awareness and fight to improve services in the UK.
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers – a network of lawyers committed to campaigning for a sustainable legal aid system in both criminal and civil law.
- Youth Practitioners Association – an organisation aimed at supporting, assisting and educating professionals who represent young people in the criminal justice system.
- LPC LLM in Professional Legal Practice (Distinction) – The University of Law, 2022
- Diploma in Clinical Risk & Claims Management (Distinction) – Capsticks Solicitors LLP, 2021
- BA in Law (2:1) – University of Oxford, 2019