About Anne Sanders
Anne is a highly experienced personal injury practitioner, she concentrates on complex injury cases, dealing with a wide range of matters including accidents at work, road traffic accidents, and public liability cases.
She is a partner in the Personal Injury team. She has been a member of The Law Society’s Personal Injury Panel since 2007. She is a recommended lawyer in Legal 500, 2020. She is actively involved in the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) of which she has been a member since 2003.
Anne has extensive knowledge of the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) Agreements and was formerly the Secretary of the APIL Transport Special Interest Group for four years.
Anne has developed her practice to specialise in neuropathic pain cases and her practice areas also include amputees, fatal accidents and acquired brain injury cases.
"superb in all respects" Legal 500, 2020
Anne puts the client at the heart of everything she does and her primary focus is early rehabilitation for those who have suffered catastrophic injuries.
Anne is committed to assisting clients in obtaining early rehabilitation and is an advocate of the Rehabilitation Code, jointly running “A Client’s journey through Rehabilitation” at the Neuro-convention in June 2018 with Ms Riffat Yaqub her fellow partner.
- Anne’s client was knocked down on a pedestrian crossing and suffered a severe fracture of her ankle. She suffered a complication while in hospital. The insurers assisted under the rehabilitation code with cleaning and support at home. They also funded a further operation and ongoing treatment. There was a claim for past and future loss of earnings and future treatment costs and the claim concluded at £130,000.
- Anne’s client was a pedestrian who was knocked down by a car on a pedestrian crossing. He suffered a serious head injury with Post Concussional Syndrome. He was unable to work after the accident. Her opponent’s raised arguments that her client was at fault for not using the pedestrian crossing correctly. Expert evidence was obtained in the format of an accident reconstruction report and a video expert who analysed the partial CCTV of the incident. The matter was concluded after court proceedings were issued in the High Court. No concession were made on liability.
- Anne’s client was a Samaritan who went to the aid of a driver of a car that had broken down. While assisting to push the car out of the road another car collided with the broken down car crushing him between the two. This resulted in serious lower leg injuries with one below knee amputation and one through knee amputation. A technical argument arose with respect to the insurance position of the broken down vehicle. This was resolved by issuing court proceedings. Rehabilitation was arranged for the injured person who suffered past losses and future losses of: earnings, transport costs (automatic car), equipment costs, gardening costs, DIY and household expenses plus prosthetic costs. In addition a sum was recovered to purchase a more suitable property. The case was settled following a round table meeting in the sum of £2.75 million.
- “Very many thanks for concluding this matter so efficiently. You have been really terrific in moving the matter to a satisfactory conclusion.”
- “I am so happy that Hodge Jones & Allen took on my case for RTA. I was a passenger involved in a terrible accident. Anne Sanders my solicitor in the case has reached an amazing settlement of £150,000 with the compensators. Thank you for all you have done for me and the amazing outcome from which this terrible experience has caused me. Thank you once again to Anne Sanders and the work that this amazing woman has done to get this result. I recommend to anybody who has suffered any form of personal injury to contact Hodge Jones & Allen. They won’t regret it.”
- “Dear Anne, just a small gesture of gratitude for all of your help, support and patience over the last 2 years. Thank you for fighting for us, and for changing our lives. We will be forever grateful. All the best for the future.”
- “I know that Anne will always give me her best advice and support and I have complete faith in her advice and guidance”
- “Thank you so much you have been wonderful and so supportive. It has been very difficult but I was confident that you had my best interest at heart.”
- “Once again, thank you for your excellent work, I am really happy with the outcome of the case and I have really appreciated the way you have been assisting me throughout this time.”
- “Very professional company, easy to talk to a solicitor, would highly recommend them.”
..."Thank you for all you have done for me and the amazing outcome from which this terrible experience has caused me. Thank you once again to Anne Sanders and the work that this amazing woman has done to get this result."...
Memberships & Appointments
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers since 2003: Senior Litigator
- Law Society Personal Injury Panel since 2007
Career & Personal Interests
- Joined Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, 2012
- McKeowns, 2003 – 2012
- Thompsons, 2001 – 2003
- Admitted as a Solicitor, 1999
- Manchester Metropolitan University – Legal Practice Course
- Staffordshire University Law School – CPE
- University of Manchester – BSc Hons Metallurgy