I joined Hodge Jones & Allen LLP in December 2014 as a new client advisor dealing predominantly with enquiries for the Civil Liberties team. In December 2015 I started my role as a paralegal supporting solicitors on a variety of cases including: actions against the police; deaths in custody claims & inquests; and claims against the Ministry of Defence. I started my period of recognised training at Hodge Jones & Allen LLP in September 2016 and am currently a trainee in the Housing Team supervised by Daniel Fitzpatrick.
Prior to joining Hodge Jones & Allen LLP I worked as a paralegal in one of the criminal law teams at GT Stewart Solicitors and as a new client caseworker for Fisher Meredith LLP. I also volunteered for various charities including the Howard League for Penal Reform’s legal team and Southwark Citizens Advice Bureau.
- MA in Criminology & Criminal Justice, King’s College London (Distinction)
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School (Commendation)
- Maîtrise Universitaire en Droit, Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne
- English Law and French Law LLB (Hons), King’s College London
- Trainee Solicitor at Hodge Jones & Allen LLP, Sep 2016 – Present
- Paralegal at Hodge Jones & Allen LLP, Dec 2015 – August 2016
- New Client Advisor at Hodge Jones & Allen LLP, Dec 2014 – Dec 2015
- New Client Caseworker at Fisher Meredith LLP, Apr 2014 – Dec 2015
- Crown Court Paralegal at GT Stewart Solicitors, Sep 2013 – Feb 2014
- R (on the application of Association Of British Insurers) v Lord Chancellor  EWHC 106 (Admin): Assisted as a trainee on the judicial review claim which led to the Lord Chancellor’s re-setting of the discount rate for personal injury claims. Subsequently assisted APIL, then acting as an interested party, in resistance to the subsequent and unsuccessful challenge to that decision brought by the Association of British Insurers.
Outside of work I am a keen amateur basketball player competing in the London Metropolitan League. I am a qualified basketball referee and have officiated in national leagues and competitions. I otherwise enjoy long-distance running, reading and cooking.