About Chun Wong
Chun joined Hodge Jones & Allen in 2007 having qualified and practised in a local firm in Camden.
Chun deals with a wide range of civil disputes and is a member of professional bodies in such areas. Chun has over 10 years of litigation experience in county courts, the High Court and the Court of Appeal. She has acted for clients under various funding arrangements, both for Claimant and Defendants. Chun is commercially aware of the need to resolve disputes efficiently for clients within financial restraints.
Chun regularly deals with claims arising from negligence; she has represented parties in claims against solicitors, barristers, architects, and other professionals.
Chun is also experienced in dealing with property related disputes especially those involving disputes over ownership of property (under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996). Chun has represented parties in disputes arising from repairing obligations, service charges, deposits, and other contractual terms in tenancy agreement and leases.
Chun has acted in a number of contentious probate claims, from challenging the validity of a will, removing an executor, to making a claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
“The solicitor provided me with an excellent service, she couldn’t have done anything better. She was very supportive and knowledgeable, kept me fully informed and explained complex matters to me in a way that I could instantly understand.” (Mrs Lee)
- “I have been so impressed with the professionalism and compassion shown by Josephine Russen and Chun Wong when dealing with a very complicated probate. Despite COVID and all the restrictions they continued to act without any disruption dealing with the whole matter quickly taking away the stress from me. I would highly recommend them. HJA have been such a great support to me and my family and I wouldn’t hesitate in using them again.”
- “Hodge Jones & Allen and in particular Partner, Chun Wong (as my solicitor) have been dealing with a personal, property case for me and their service has been exemplary. Chun has dealt with my difficult circumstances with unfailing professionalism, honesty, integrity and compassion. It was a very difficult time of life for me, both emotionally and financially, and Chun has been fantastic…always responsive, always well informed and always reliable. I cannot recommend Chun and HJA Solicitors enough. It’s the first time I’ve had cause to use HJA’s services and they have been great. HJA will be my solicitors for life now. Thank you Chun and thank you HJA.”
- “Thank you so much for all of your hard work, and also for your support. It’s been a really tough experience, but your explanations and contextualising of a lot of the processes have really helped. You have been excellent and I couldn’t have hoped for better advice and representation.”
- “The solicitor provided me with an excellent service, she couldn’t have done anything better. She was very supportive and knowledgeable, kept me fully informed and explained complex matters to me in a way that I could instantly understand.” Mrs Lee
“She was exemplary in keeping me informed, advising of next steps and reminding me of the possibility of different outcomes…I felt well supported throughout.” Mr P Osburn
“I found her [Chun Wong] to be approachable, client-focused and very knowledgeable in her field of expertise. Highly recommended.”
“Chun, I am writing to thank you and, of course, Hodge Jones & Allen for getting me my share of my parents’ Wills, that they left for me…. You all have my deepest thanks as you have all been EXCELLENT.”
“Everything was great, they simply couldn’t have done a better job. I can’t recommend her highly enough.” Mr Rizzo
“Very helpful team trustworthy honest would recommend highly.”
“Excellent service and chemistry, understood instructions and acted accordingly, prompt service including reporting back to me.” Mr Boyden
Memberships & Appointments
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Professional Negligence Lawyers Association
- Property Litigation Association
- Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists
Career & Personal Interests
- Partner, Hodge Jones and Allen, 2014
- Associate Solicitor, Hodge Jones and Allen, 2010
- Assistant Solicitor, Hodge Jones and Allen, 2007
- Assistant Solicitor, Osbornes, 2005
- Trainee Solicitor, Osbornes, 2003
- College of Law, London – Legal Practise Course 2002 (Distinction)
- London School of Economics – 1999-2001 LLB (Hons) (2:1)
I have my hands full with a young child and spend what spare time I do have reading and socialising with friends and family.