About Megan Finnis
Megan is a Trainee Solicitor currently sitting in the Housing department, where she will be assisting Jayesh Kunwardia with a varied and complex caseload. She will be working on cases including disrepair, homelessness, possession, and unlawful eviction. She will also be assisting on discrimination and judicial review proceedings.
Megan completed her first seat with the Medical Negligence department under the supervision of Nina Ali, where she assisted on a broad range of cases including inquests, psychiatric and fatal injury claims. She joined Hodge Jones & Allen in 2019 as a paralegal in the Civil Liberties department, where she assisted Jocelyn Cockburn predominantly on Article 2 inquests and associated civil claims against state bodies.
Prior to joining the firm, Megan worked at Hickman & Rose solicitors as a paralegal in their Civil Liberties team. She also volunteered at a number of organisations with an ethos of promoting access to justice, including law centres, the CAB and human rights organisations.
Memberships & Appointments
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers
- Police Action Lawyers Group
- Human Rights Lawyers Association
Career & Personal Interests
- Civil Liberties Paralegal – Hickman and Rose Solicitors- 2018
- Researcher and Administrative Support to the University of Manchester Legal Advice Centre – 2016
- University of Law – Legal Practice Course– 2018, Distinction
- University of Manchester – Law LLB- 2017, First
Megan enjoys travelling, reading and seeing live music. She regularly attends events promoting access to justice.