I began my training contract at Hodge Jones & Allen LLP in September 2016, having previously worked as a paralegal in the firm’s Civil Liberties and Medical Negligence Departments. My first seat was in the Civil Liberties Department. I am currently working on claims against the police and other public authorities, including civil actions for assault, false imprisonment, malicious prosecution, discrimination and breach of the Human Rights Act. I am very passionate about civil liberties, working with vulnerable individuals and helping those whose rights have been violated to seek justice and accountability.
- London Metropolitan University – Legal Practice Course, 2015 – 2016
- University of Law – Graduate Diploma in Law (with exemptions), 2014 – 2015
- School of Oriental and African Studies – LLM in Human Rights Conflict and Justice, 2012 – 2013
- University College Dublin – Law, Bachelor of Civil Law, 2008 – 2011
- Civil Liberties Paralegal, Hodge Jones & Allen, November 2015 – August 2016
- Clinical Negligence Paralegal, Hodge Jones & Allen, March 2014 – November 2015
- Nepal and Sri Lanka Team Assistant, Amnesty International, July 2013 – March 2014
- “Thanks for being so amazing – you’re just so ON IT! I hope you know how much we’ll all miss you and how grateful we are for everything you’ve done. You’ll be a very present absence.”
- “I also wanted to say how amazing you’ve been – its been incredible to have you helping/on our side and my very best wishes for your next steps! You will be amazing, and they will be lucky to have you.”
- “Brid Doherty has supported us throughout and followed up on every detail of the case so competently and thoroughly that I was always put at ease. She kept us calm when we needed it most. I could not have coped without her.”
- “Good luck with this rotation in your next department [Personal Injury]. If you are anything like as helpful, considerate and useful as you have been for Raj you will be very much in demand.”
In my spare time I enjoy yoga, swimming, cooking, listening to music and visiting museums and galleries.