As a former Nursing Sister in Coronary Care I have twelve years’ experience of working in healthcare, giving me a wealth of useful knowledge to bring to my clinical negligence practice.
Since qualification in 2009 I have always specialised in clinical negligence work and I am an accredited member of the Law Society Clinical Negligence Scheme. My practice encompasses a wide range of cases from high value complex cases (including child brain injury and spinal injury) to cases of more modest value (but often equal complexity) across the whole range of clinical negligence practice. I enjoy forensic examination of medical records (and identifying when records are missing or incomplete) and thorough case preparation from an early stage. I have a special interest in observing and encouraging adherence to the Duty of Candour to promote patient rights, and am a regular contributor to the firm’s website.
- BPP Law School (Legal Practice Couse, Distinction)
- Kings College London (MA)
- London Guildhall University (LLB)
- St Thomas Hospital (RGN)
- Senior Associate, 2014
- Admitted as a solicitor, March 2009
- Joined Hodge Jones & Allen, 2006
- “I just wanted to say thank you for all your work on our case against the NW London Hospitals Trust. The result was even better than we hoped for and I am eternally grateful for your efforts on our behalf.”
- “Excellent communication, good at explaining jargon!”
- “I liked the fact that you kept me well informed about the case and options were given.”
- “Emma is very professional, clear and efficient.”
- “Always keeping me updated with what was going on with my case.”
- “Well done! That is great news and it is entirely the result of your tenacity in tracking down the missing results.”
Membership & Appointments
- Accredited member of the Law Society Clinical Negligence Scheme
I enjoy reading and mountain sports, including long distance walking and cross country skiing.