I qualified as a registered general nurse in 1988 and subsequently completed specialist training in intensive care nursing and coronary care. I worked as a nurse in the National Health Service and abroad for 10 years post-qualification, mostly in intensive and coronary care.
I completed my law degree and an MA in Medical Law and ethics before joining Hodge Jones & Allen. I have been at the firm since 2006, firstly as a clinical negligence paralegal and subsequently as a trainee solicitor. I was admitted as a solicitor in March 2009.
I was admitted to the Law Society’s Clinical Negligence Panel in February 2015.
- Kings College London (MA)
- London Guildhall University (LLB)
- St Thomas Hospital (RGN)
- Admitted as a solicitor, March 2009
- Joined Hodge Jones & Allen, 2006
- “I just wanted to say thank you for all your work on our case against the NW London Hospitals Trust. The result was even better than we hoped for and I am eternally grateful for your efforts on our behalf.”
- “Excellent communication, good at explaining jargon!”
- “I liked the fact that you kept me well informed about the case and options were given.”
- “Emma is very professional, clear and efficient.”
Membership & Appointments
- Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel
I enjoy reading and mountain sports, including cross country skiing.