I joined Hodge Jones & Allen in 2011 assisting fee earners in the firm’s Personal Injury team with a wide variety of cases. I now have my own caseload, specialising in road traffic accidents involving untraced drivers.
- CILEX Diploma in Law and Practice
- University of Reading, MA English
- University of Reading, BA English Literature
- Paralegal – Hodge Jones & Allen, October 2012
- Administrative Assistant – Hodge Jones & Allen, 2011 – 2012
- Claims Technician – QBE Insurance, 2011
- Administrator – Crown Prosecution Service, 2009 – 2011
- “”I have the utmost respect and trust in our representatives and there has been consistency in communication. I would highly recommended Hodge Jones & Allen”
- “Very happy with your work and I have a good experience with your company.”
- “Hodge Jones and Allen Solicitors [Sarah] were very professional in dealing with my case.”
- “The whole experience was very professional. Sarah Townsend kept me informed every step of the process which left me with no queries. Wonderful service and highly recommended. Thanks ever so much Sarah…”
- “Sarah was fantastic, she kept me up to date and made things so much easier for me especially during the period of time I was out of the country and gave me sound advise on the steps to take.”
- “Sarah Townsend dealt with me in a patient, respectful and kind manner. The information she gave me was explained so that I could understand the processes involved which I appreciated very much.”
- “Very pleased with the outcome. Special thank you to Sarah T for her wonderful diligence. Glad that I chose this firm again!”
- Represented a Claimant who sustained injuries when he tripped over a raised paving slab. The Claimant sustained a soft tissue injury and laceration to his knee. The laceration will leave a permanent scar. Liability was admitted by the Defendant Council and the case settled for £7,500.00
- Acted for a cyclist who was knocked off their bike when the Defendant’s vehicle turned across their path and collided with them. The Claimant sustained a soft tissue injury to their ankle, a facial laceration and a specific phobia of cycling. The driver of the vehicle could not be traced so a claim was submitted to the Motor Insurers Bureau under the Untraced Driver’s Agreement. Liability was admitted. The case settled for £7,200.00
- Acted for a passenger in a vehicle which was hit when the Defendant’s vehicle emerged from a side road and collided with the side of their car. The Claimant sustained soft tissue injuries to her neck and back and suffered from tinnitus. Liability was admitted by the Defendant’s insurer and the case settled for £6,200.00
- Represented a Claimant who was injured when the chair he was sitting on collapsed. The Claimant sustained a sort tissue injury to his back. Liability was admitted by the Defendants and the case settled for £4,200.00.
- Represented a Claimant who was injured in a road traffic accident where a lorry changed lanes and collided with their vehicle. Liability was admitted by the Defendant’s insurance company. The Claimant sustained soft tissue injuries to his neck and back and suffered from psychological symptoms. The case settled for £5,000.00
Membership & Appointments
- Graduate member of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- APIL (Association of Personal Injury Solicitors)
I am interested in music and sing with a local choir every week. I also enjoy reading and love to travel. Having lived in Detroit for 3 years, I still follow all Detroit-based sports teams but remain a loyal supporter of Coventry City FC as well.