About Sarah Townsend
Sarah joined Hodge Jones & Allen in 2011 assisting fee earners in the firm’s Personal Injury team with a wide variety of cases. She now has her own caseload including road traffic accidents (specialising in claims against untraced drivers), accidents at work and public and occupiers liability cases.
"Sarah was fantastic, she kept me up to date and made things so much easier for me."
- Acted for a cyclist who was knocked off their bike when the Defendant’s vehicle turned across their path and collided with them. The Claimant sustained a soft tissue injury to their ankle, a facial laceration and a specific phobia of cycling. The driver of the vehicle could not be traced so a claim was submitted to the Motor Insurers Bureau under the Untraced Driver’s Agreement. Liability was admitted. The case settled for £7,200.00
- Acted for a passenger in a vehicle which was hit when the Defendant’s vehicle emerged from a side road and collided with the side of their car. The Claimant sustained soft tissue injuries to her neck and back and suffered from tinnitus. Liability was admitted by the Defendant’s insurer and the case settled for £6,200.00
Represented a Claimant who sustained injuries when he tripped over a raised paving slab. The Claimant sustained a soft tissue injury and laceration to his knee. The laceration will leave a permanent scar. Liability was admitted by the Defendant Council and the case settled for £7,500.00
Represented a Claimant who was injured when the chair he was sitting on collapsed. The Claimant sustained a soft tissue injury to his back. Liability was admitted by the Defendants and the case settled for £4,200.00
Represented a Claimant who was injured in a road traffic accident where a lorry changed lanes and collided with their vehicle. Liability was admitted by the Defendant’s insurance company. The Claimant sustained soft tissue injuries to his neck and back and suffered from psychological symptoms. The case settled for £5,000.00
- “Sarah Townsend was truly exceptional for me. Everything was explained to me, and my case was delt etih professional and promptly. I would highly recommend Hodge Jone & Allen and especially Sarah Townsend.”
- “Throughout my personal injury claim Sarah has continued to be a great confidant, mentor & guide. She respected my limited knowledge of the law & guided my struggles both professionally & personally with her irrepressible charm & passion for the work of acting on my behalf. Sarah has shown herself to be reliable, diligent & persistent in the work of bringing my claim to a satisfactory end. Thank you so much Sarah for all your kindness & support throughout these last years.”
- “I have the utmost respect and trust in our representatives and there has been consistency in communication. I would highly recommend Hodge Jones & Allen.”
- “The whole experience was very professional. Sarah Townsend kept me informed every step of the process which left me with no queries. Wonderful service and highly recommended. Thanks ever so much Sarah…”
“My dad had his case dealt with by Ms Townsend who was very professional, she always responded quickly to my dad, answered any questions he had and was always there when he needed her. She works really hard, explains in depth with clarity. Thank you Ms Townsend for helping my dad through that difficult time and we were thankful for your time and efforts in resolving my dad’s case.
Hodge Jones & Allen I would definitely recommend.”
“Great service. Even though the process took a long time Sarah kept me up to date and in the loop with everything which was going on. Would 100% recommend Hodge Jones & Allen and use them again.”
“Sarah Townsend dealt with me in a patient, respectful and kind manner. The information she gave me was explained so that I could understand the processes involved which I appreciated very much.”
“Hodge Jones and Allen Solicitors [Sarah] were very professional in dealing with my case.”
“Very happy with your work and I have a good experience with your company.”
“Very pleased with the outcome. Special thank you to Sarah T for her wonderful diligence. Glad that I chose this firm again!”
“Sarah was fantastic, she kept me up to date and made things so much easier for me especially during the period of time I was out of the country and gave me sound advice on the steps to take.”
Memberships & Appointments
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- APIL (Association of Personal Injury Solicitors)
Career & Personal Interests
- Chartered Legal Executive – Hodge Jones & Allen, September 2020
- Paralegal – Hodge Jones & Allen, 2012 – 2020
- Administrative Assistant – Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitor, 2011 – 2012
- Claims Technician – QBE Insurance, 2011
- Administrator – Crown Prosecution Service, 2009 – 2011
- CILEX Diploma in Law and Practice
- University of Reading, MA English
- University of Reading, BA English Literature
Sarah is interested in music and sings with a local choir every week. She also enjoys reading and loves to travel. Having lived in Detroit for 3 years, Sarah still follows all Detroit-based sports teams but remains a loyal supporter of Coventry City FC as well.