About Tess Baker
Tess joined Hodge Jones & Allen as a paralegal in the Housing & Property department in March 2022. They assist Daniel Fitzpatrick on matters relating to disrepair, possession orders and homelessness applications.
Prior to this, Tess worked as a paralegal on criminal defence and mental health matters at a legal aid firm in Tottenham. In this role, they routinely advised and assisted clients appealing their detention in hospital and prepared cases for Tribunals. They also assisted young and vulnerable clients with criminal defence matters, taking prosecution statements and instructions from clients to prepare for trial. Tess recently completed the GDL with Distinction.
"I had a good experience with Tess. She communicated when necessary and kept me updated at every step."
Memberships & Articles & Publications
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers
Articles & Publications
- Contribution to EU External Relations Law, Ramses Wessel and Joris Larik (2020)
- “Global Britain” and India post-Brexit: From Visas to FinTech, DCU Brexit Institute (2018)
Career & Education
- Paralegal in Crime and Mental Health Law, Needham Poulier Solicitors, December 2021 – March 2022
- Volunteer, Nucleus Legal Advice Centre, September 2021 – November 2021
- Refugee Legal Confidence Team and Editorial Team, Lawyers Against Poverty, January 2021 -September 2021
- University of Law (Moorgate), Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL), Distinction, 2020-21
- Leiden University College, World Politics with a minor in International Justice BA (Hons), magna cum laude (First Class Honours), 2016-19