I am formerly a qualified cardiology nurse and qualified as a solicitor in 2002, having trained at Hodge Jones & Allen. I have specialised in medical negligence from the outset and run a comprehensive range of cases in this area.
I have a special interest in cardiac and fatal cases. I also have a keen interest in psychiatric cases and am committed to working towards ensuring the same levels of accountability that prevail in general medicine to this currently very poorly represented area. I am a Law Society Accredited Clinical Negligence Panel Member and am fluent in Urdu, Hindi and Punjabi.
I also appear on fortnightly ‘Legal Hour’ on Betar Bangla with Daniel Fitzpatrick from our housing team.
I am ranked in Chambers UK and Legal 500. I was described by Legal 500 as “a shrewd and committed litigator” with experience in high-value brain and spinal injury claims and expertise in psychiatric cases.
- “I really can’t convey how grateful I am for the abundance of kindness, support and advice you have so warmly and openly provided. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of work you have undertaken! You really were extraordinarily helpful, generous and patient during what was a very bleak time for all involved. So, truly, for everything you have done, thank you.”
- “I don’t have the words to adequately express my gratitude to Nina Ali and her team for their help in my search for justice for my late sister.”
- “Thank you for your letter and kind words….I would just like to say a big thank you to you and your team for all your efforts, guidance and patience, your thoughtful advice was truly appreciated (by both my mother and myself!). I wish you all the very best.”
“I cannot thank you enough and feel fortunate to have had your kind support and expertise which kept me going. To have yourself and Priya during the court sessions was made tolerable because of you both.” Barbara
- “Just would like to say thank you for everything you have done. I have just been told that K’s grave will be completed for his first anniversary, I have made my home pretty comfortable. Once again thank you so much, I just wish he was here to have enjoyed it.”
- RGN The Royal Berkshire Hospital; BA (Hons) London University
- Dip. Law Holborn Law College
- LPC London Guildhall University
- Partner, Hodge Jones & Allen LLP (2010)
- Hodge Jones & Allen (2000-06 and 2008-present)
- Boyes Turner, Reading (2006-08)
Membership & Appointments
- The Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
In 2009, I set up a UK-based children’s charity, Millie Mittoo Children’s Projects. The organisation’s first project has been to set up a small home for female orphans in Pakistan, which is running very successfully.