Shakti joined Hodge Jones and Allen as a paralegal in March 2016, initially in the Clinical Negligence department. She then moved to the Civil Liberties department in October 2017 and began her training contract with the firm in September 2018 in the Family Law department. Shakti moved to her second seat in the Personal Injury department in March 2019, assisting Peter Todd with a range of judicial reviews and civil litigation claims including multi-party product liability claims. Shakti is now in her third seat in the Criminal Defence department.
- BPP Law School, Holborn: Legal Practice Course, Distinction, 2016 – 2018
- London School of Economics: Law LLB (Hons), 2:1, 2009 – 2012
- Amnesty International UK, Volunteer for the Law and Human Rights Programme and part-time Telefundraiser
- Armstrong & Co Solicitors, Paralegal
- Hansraj Bhola Chambers (Trinidad, West Indies), Law Clerk
- Kingston and Richmond Law Centre, Casework assistant
Memberships and appointments
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers
- Human Rights Lawyers Association
I volunteer at the Citizens Advice Bureau in Camden, assisting with Housing and Employment sessions.