About Shakti Bhagwansingh
Shakti is a solicitor in the Civil Liberties and Human Rights department. She joined Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors as a paralegal in March 2016, initially in the Clinical Negligence department. She then moved to the Civil Liberties department in October 2017.
Shakti began her training contract with the firm in September 2018. Her previous seats were in the Family, Personal Injury and Criminal Defence departments.
Career & Memberships
- Volunteer for the Law and Human Rights Programme and part-time Telefundraiser, Amnesty International UK
- Paralegal, Armstrong & Co Solicitors
- Law Clerk, Hansraj Bhola Chambers (Trinidad, Caribbean)
- Casework Assistant, Kingston and Richmond Law Centre
- Legal Practice Course (Distinction), BPP Law School, Holborn, 2016 – 2018
- Law LLB (Hons), 2:1, London School of Economics 2009 – 2012
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers
- Human Rights Lawyers Association
Shakti volunteers at the Citizens Advice Bureau in Camden, assisting with Housing and Employment sessions.