About Ailsa McNeil
Ailsa is a Trainee Solicitor currently in her third seat, assisting Nancy Collins in the Civil Liberties department. She was previously working under the supervision of Raj Chada and Mike Schwarz in the Criminal Defence team and, before that, Dawn Treloar in the Medical Negligence team. She joined Hodge Jones & Allen as a Paralegal in December 2019 and started her training contract in September 2022.
Prior to joining the firm she volunteered for the AIRE Centre, a legal charity that provides free legal advice on human rights and EU law issues.
Career & Education
- Trainee Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen, September 2022 – present
- Paralegal, Hodge Jones & Allen, December 2019 – September 2022
- Legal Caseworker, the AIRE Centre, October 2018 – April 2019
- LPC, University of Law (Distinction)
- LLM Public Law, University College London (Merit)
- Law with Politics, The University of Manchester (First Class)