About Cormac McDonough
Cormac acts for clients who have been subjected to unlawful treatment by the police and other state bodies. He specialises in the representation of the bereaved families of those who have died in police and prison custody. He has brought countless successful claims for damages against the police following assaults, unlawful arrests, prosecutions and human rights breaches. He represents victims of miscarriages of justice in their applications of compensation and associated judicial review proceedings.
Cormac also has an interest in data protection law and has recovered damages for clients whose personal information was misused by the police and other state bodies.
"He was extremely thorough, really proactive and left no stone unturned. I could not imagine anyone better!"
- “A huge thank you to both Stephen Simblet from Garden Court Law & Cormac McDonough from Hodge Jones & Allen on their fantastic work in the last 3 years and the amazing support they have given my family with the inquest into my cousin’s death in prison.”
- “Mr Cormac McDonough has been extremely helpful and very brilliant. He is very humble and respectful. he has excellent customer service skills. He explains the law in simple language. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided and will recommend him to anyone.”
- “Cormac was professional and personable, focused but never short. He explained complex issues well and gave excellent advice while listening carefully to me. He was extremely thorough, really proactive and left no stone unturned. I could not imagine anyone better! Sensitive and determined.”
"Cormac McDonough has been extremely helpful... He explains the law in simple language. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided."
Memberships & Appointments
- Police Action Lawyers Group
"Cormac was professional and personable... He explained complex issues well and gave excellent advice."
Career & Personal Interests
- Senior Associate, Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors: 2019 to date
- Associate, Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors: 2017 – 2019
- Admitted as a Solicitor, 2013
- Trainee Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen: 2011-2013
- Paralegal, Hodge Jones & Allen: 2009-2011
- McKeowns Solicitors: 2006-2009
- LPC, University of Law, London Bloomsbury: September 2008 – 2010
- GDL, College of Law, Chester: 2006 – 2008
- BSc Hons, Queens University Belfast: 2000 – 2004
Cormac enjoys travel, football, live music, collecting vinyl records and spending time with his young children.