About Rónán Stewart
Rónán joined Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors in 2021 as a paralegal in the Civil Liberties & Human Rights department. He is currently assisting Jocelyn Cockburn on a number of inquests and legal actions against state authorities.
Prior to joining HJA, Rónán was a criminal law paralegal at Madden & Finucane Solicitors in Belfast, working primarily on Magistrates Court cases. Before this he interned at NGO Redress working on a number of international human rights matters with a focus on ending torture. He also volunteered for the Victims’ Rights Working Group to monitor International Criminal Court developments relating to victims’ rights.
Members & Appointments
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers
- Police Action Lawyers Group
- Madden & Finucane Solicitors, Belfast – Paralegal – 2020-2021
- Redress, London – Legal Intern – 2019
- Law (LLB), Queens University Belfast – First Class Hons (2017)
- LLM Human Rights & Criminal Justice, Queen’s University Belfast (2018)