About Karen Mann
Karen is a Senior Associate in the Personal Injury team at Hodge Jones & Allen. She specialises in employers liability, public liability and road traffic accident cases.
Karen qualified as a Solicitor at Tollers Solicitors in Northampton and joined Hodge Jones & Allen in October 2013 as a Solicitor before being promoted to Associate in May 2015 and Senior Associate in May 2019.
Karen works on a mixed case load of Multi Track and Fast Track cases, with a number of complex liability disputed claims and cases that have been successful at trial. Karen is highly organised and efficient and ensures that she reaches the best possible outcome for her clients.
"I cannot thank you enough. I will always remember how helpful you were."
- Represented a Claimant who suffered injuries as a result of a ceiling collapsing in a theatre in London, whilst he was a visitor of the premises. He suffered a minor head injury and lacerations which required stitches. The Defendant Representative agreed to deal with the case on a without prejudice basis. The case settled for £8,000.00.
- Represented a cyclist who was emerging from a side road onto a main road. The Defendant motorcyclist was proceeding straight along a main road. Liability was denied by the Defendant. The police evidence suggested that the Defendant was travelling at speed. The Claimant required surgery on his left leg as a resulted of a fracture of the right tibia and fibula. The case settled for £20,000.00.
Acted for a driver who was indicating to leave a parked bay. A third party vehicle decided to overtake causing a collision. Liability was denied. Court proceedings were issued and served. The Claimant suffered an injury to the shoulder and headaches. The case settled for £3,500.00.
Represented a cyclist who was turning right at a set of traffic lights at a junction. The Defendant vehicle proceeded along the road and collided into the Claimant whilst he was performing the manoeuvre. Liability was firmly denied in this matter. The Claimant fractured his hip as a result of the accident. The claim settled for £10,000.00.
Acted for a Claimant who was a passenger on a bus. The bus driver braked sharply without any warning causing the Claimant to be thrown forward violently out of her seat and collide into a plastic window screen in front of her The Claimant struck her head and face on the panel and lost consciousness. Liability was admitted by the Defendant. The Claimant sustained a soft tissue injury to the neck and back but did suffer from pre-existing symptoms prior to the accident. The accident caused an acceleration of neck and back symptoms by a period of two to three years. The Case settled for £10,000.00.
Represented a Claimant who was walking her children to school when she tripped on an uneven paving stone. As a result of the fall she suffered soft tissue injuries to her stomach and left knee. The Claimant was pregnant at the time of the accident but her unborn child was unharmed. Liability was firmly denied and Court proceedings were issued and served on the Defendant Council. The case settled prior to Trial for £3,000.00.
Acted for a Claimant who slipped on a wet floor in a shopping centre. There were not sufficient warning signs in place. The Claimant suffered a minor head injury and soft tissue injury to the shoulder. Liability was firmly denied in this matter and Court proceedings were issued. The case settled for £5,000.00.
Acted for a cyclist who was proceeding along a cycle path which had give way markings. The Claimant approached a works entrance and a Transit van turned into the works entrance colliding with the Claimant. Liability was firmly denied by the Defendant. The matter proceeded to Trial and settled on a 50/50 split liability basis. The case settled for £5,000.00 after the liability deduction.
Represented a pedestrian who was crossing the road after leaving work. It was dark and a forklift truck was parked on the road. The Claimant tripped on one of the forks of the forklift truck. There were no lights or bollards to indicate a hazard. Liability was admitted by the Defendant. As a result of the accident the Claimant sustained a soft tissue injury to the left eye, left forehead and left hand. She suffered migraines. The case settled for £9,000.00.
Represented a Claimant who was walking home with shopping bags and he tripped on a raised paving stone. As a result of the fall he sustained a fracture to the left elbow. Liability was admitted by the Defendant Council after two years from the date of the accident. The claim settled for £8,000.00.
- “I thank you so much for taking the case, you have helped me a lot, I cannot thank you enough. I will always remember how helpful you were and still is. I wish you all the best for the future, it was a blessing for me that you took the case.”
- “This is the easiest review I have ever made. This firm kept me informed every step of the way with my claim. Nothing was too much trouble, and the firm I work for is now making changes so an incident like this is less likely to happen in the future. I would like to give Hodge Jones and Allen a very big thank you.”
- “I take this opportunity to specially thank you for your very effective course of action within a very short period of time in bringing my case to a successful end. You are very efficient & effective. Once again, thanks a lot for your brilliant support and wish you all the best in your career.”
“I found that Karen Mann was very professional. Every letter I got gave me the opportunity to speak to her on the phone so she could explain, so I understood exactly what was going on. I’m happy – well done!”
“I just wanted to thank you for all of your efforts and professionalism in dealing with my case.”
“I wish to thank you [Karen] for all the help and advice you have provided me with for my claim for compensation.”
“Thank you for all your help! You made the whole process very easy for me.”
“Thank you Karen – I’m happy with the outcome and the way that everything was conducted. I would most definitely recommend HJA to anyone I feel needs a good solicitor.”
“Thank you so much to you and your team for pursuing this claim so patiently for me. It really is hugely appreciated. I wasn’t going to bother to take action but a colleague persuaded me that the building managers had been very lax. I’m very pleased you were able to get them to admit the liability.”
Memberships & Appointments
- The Law Society
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) – Senior Litigator
"Thank you for all your help! You made the whole process very easy."
Articles & Publications
- The Expert Witness: How is Severe Facial Scarring Assessed in a Personal Injury Claim?
"Thank you Karen - I’m happy with the outcome and the way that everything was conducted."
Career & Personal Interests
- Hodge Jones and Allen Solicitors, October 2013 – present
- Tollers Solicitors, Solicitor, March 2011 – October 2013
- Tollers Solicitors, Trainee, September 2009 – March 2011
- Nottingham Law School – Legal Practice Course, 2004 – 2005
- Nottingham Trent University – LLB Law (Hons) 2.1, 2001 – 2004
Outside of work, Karen enjoys travelling.