Ruhul is an expert litigator, who specialises in commercial and chancery disputes. He has over 20 years’ experience representing clients in the Court of Appeal, High Court, County Courts and the Property Chamber of the First-Tier Tribunal.
Ruhul primarily deals with disputes relating to property, possession claims, Party Wall Act claims, landlord and tenant (both commercial and residential), commercial and business law, construction, insolvency, professional negligence and contested wills and probate (including Inheritance Act claims).
He also has extensive experience dealing with injunctions, judicial reviews, as well as alternative means of dispute resolution, such as negotiation or mediation.
Ruhul has helped develop the law and been involved in many significant and reported cases.
- Zas Ventures Ltd v. Lillian Forkener  EWCA Civ 1062 – Claim for Possession of house subject to life tenancy and breach of repair term.
- Hussain v. Salam  EWHC 1760 (Ch) – Validity of transfer of land based on sham agreement.
- Chaudhary v. Yavuz  EWCA Civ 1314 – Easement arising informally and not protected by entry on register, whether effective against purchaser.
- Redbridge LBC v Mustafa  EWHC 1105 – liability for trustee’s costs following the annulment of bankruptcy.
- Shaw v. Finnimore & Watts  EWHC 367 (Ch) – claim relating to alleged profit sharing agreement.
- Crane v Upakweship Ltd FJ 142/08 (High Court, QBD) – enforcement of an Australian judgment in the High Court.
- West v. London Borough of Newham  EWCA Civ 304 – Right to buy claim concerning the jurisdiction of District Valuer and extent of property.
- Redworth Construction Ltd v. Brookdale Healthcare Ltd  EWHC 1994 (TCC) – claim to enforce the decision of an adjudicator.
- R (Salman) v. LB of Barking & Dagenham  EWHC 731 (admin) – Judicial Review of decision to withdraw education funding.
- R (M-P) v. LB Barking & Dagenham and Barking Abbey Comprehensive School  EWHC 2483 (admin) – Judicial Review of decision to remove child from school.
- Property Litigation Association.
- Partner, Hodge Jones & Allen – 2020 to date
- Partner, Wiseman Lee – 2006 – 2020
- Solicitor, Wiseman Lee – 2001 -2006
- Solicitor, Blakemores – 2000 -2001
- Solicitor, Seymours – 1999 – 2000
- Admitted as a Solicitor – 1999
- Trainee Solicitor, Seymours – 1997 – 1999
- Legal Practice Course – College of Law, London (1995-1996)
- LL.B (Hons) – Coventry University (1992-1995)
Fluent in Bengali