Sioned is an Associate Solicitor within the housing team. She qualified as a solicitor after completing a Legal Aid Agency sponsored training contract in areas of social welfare law. On completion of her training she moved to Edwards Duthie Solicitors to practice within their community law team. In this role she was recognised for strong advocacy skills by appearing weekly as duty solicitor to defend tenant’s housing possession claims and she developed working relationships with local charities to represent the homeless and vulnerable.
Sioned has diverse experience in all aspects of housing law with particular expertise in cases concerning human rights, public law and discrimination. She remains committed to legal aid and social justice by providing high quality legal service, regardless of her client’s means.
Sioned is regularly instructed by women’s charities to represent their service users who have been affected by domestic violence or trafficking. This often involves homeless appeals to the county court on a point of law and issuing urgent claims for judicial review to protect her client’s rights. She takes a keen interest in the developing law to protect this client base.
- Golding Homes v Dixie-Lei White  EW Misc B12 (CC) (11 November 2018)
- The Queen (oao Harris) v LB Islington High Court (Admin) CO/1282/2019
- A v Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea & Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government High Court (Admin) CO/3229/2020
- Scanlon v London Borough of Lambeth, Central London County Court 14 September 2020
- The Queen (oao C) v LB Waltham Forest High Court (Admin) CO/2683/2020
- The Queen (oao Miller) v Peabody High Court (Admin) CO/2905/2020
- “Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors and specially Ms S. Roberts were of great help to me and my client. They were promptly with any communications and always clear and honest. I highly recommend their services.”
- “I am happy to say I was assisted and supported by Mrs Roberts, in my dealings with the council, I am grateful to her for her help and continued support. I was informed and guided through her work and process in dealing with my case. I am happy to say that the outcome was successful in what we hope to achieve. I would highly recommend HJA.
- “Would totally recommend Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors for their hard work and dedication to my case. I’m very grateful for getting a solicitor like Sioned who was extremely understanding and kept me updated with my case promptly and looking forward to working again in the future. Best firm.”
- “Excellent service. Sioned has helped me a lot. I highly recommend her.”
- “This is the second time I have used Sioned and the service has been fantastic! It’s not just luck it’s having good people and good ethics. Sioned listened and took everything I said into account and used it. She brought in the best people to get accepted and confirmed. But with all of it with winning is because of this I can I hope progress and have a life and start again. I’m a fighter but without this solicitor I wouldn’t have been able to do it! People with disabilities need help and backbone and the correct advise. Well I got that 1000 fold from this solicitor firm and I thank you more then you can imagine.”
- “[Sioned] was very professional, supportive me and offered me a lot of advice from the beginning. The staff staff was friendly and experts. I am so proud of Sioned Roberts, she’s wonderful and gave me advice all the time, and Bahareh Amani. Thank you. All the best!” Cristina Elena Stroe
- “I have found Hodge Jones & Allen as a solicitor firm fantastic. Professional and have gone threw a court case and won for me. When you are so low and find a solicitor whom tells you how it all works and then actions what they say and get the result! I couldn’t ask for any more. Sioned worked hard but has the experience to know what to look for to win. Worth every penny and will definitely be using this firm in the future. Thank you”
- “I received excellent service from Ms S Roberts who was dealing with my case. She was friendly, professional, easy to talk to and she provided a good outcome within a few months of taking my case. I would definitely recommend her services at Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors.”
- “Your solicitor Sioned Roberts who dealt with my case was absolutely outstanding. Very friendly and lovely person. After a tough time with my local authority, it was an enormous relief to feel in safe hands. She kept me fully updated throughout and put me at ease from start. Sioned is extremely knowledgeable Solicitor. She helped me to get justice on my case in a very short time frame. I can’t thank her enough.”
- “This firm is amazing, I can’t thank them enough and in particular the solicitor who dealt with my case Sioned Roberts. Sioned was outstanding. She kept me fully updated throughout and put me at ease from the start. After a tough time with my local authority it was an enormous relief to feel in safe hands. Sioned was empathetic and extremely knowledgeable and helped me get the outcome I sort and in a very short time frame. Thank you so much Sioned.”
Members and Appointments
- Committee member of the Association of London Welsh Lawyers
- Member of the Association of Women Solicitors
- Member of the Housing Law Practitioners Group
- May 2020: Associate – Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors
- September 2018: Solicitor, Housing – Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors
- 2011 – September 2018: Solicitor, Community Law – Edwards Duthie Solicitors
- 2009-2011: Trainee Solicitor, Social Welfare – Merseyside Welfare Rights
- 2007-2009: Graduate Clerk, Welfare benefits – Stephensons Solicitors LLP
- 2007 Legal Practice Course
- 2006 Graduate Diploma in Law
- 2005 BA (Hons) Human Rights and Law