About Nivashinie Sivalokanathan
Nivashinie joined Hodge Jones & Allen in April 2022 and currently works as a solicitor in the housing department.
Nivashinie deals with a wide variety of housing cases including defending possession proceedings, homelessness matters and disrepair claims.
Prior to joining Hodge Jones & Allen, Nivashinie completed her training contract at a high street firm having undertaken seats in Housing, Family and Immigration. Nivashinie also worked as a paralegal at another firm in their Actions against the Police and Public Law department. In this role, she assisted often vulnerable clients in judicial review challenges against the Home Office, the Police and Local Authority decisions.
Nivashinie has volunteered with the Anti-Trafficking & Labour Exploitation Unit and Asylum Aid.
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers
Career & Education
- Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen, April 2022 -present
- Trainee Solicitor, MTG Solicitors, September 2020 – March 2022
- Paralegal, MTG Solicitors, June 2019 – August 2020
- Paralegal, Gold Jennings Ltd, June 2018 – May 2019
- Classics BA (Hons), 2:1, King’s College London
- Graduate Diploma in Law, Commendation, BPP Law School
- Legal Practice Course, Distinction, London Metropolitan University