About Guy Mitchell
Guy joined Hodge Jones & Allen after completing his training contract at Matthew Gold & Company. Guy’s training focused on civil actions against public authorities and public law actions, particularly in the area of migrant rights.
Guy continue these specialisms at Hodge Jones & Allen and currently is working on a number of cases resulting from police assaults on environmental protestors.
Prior to his training Guy worked in primary and secondary education and volunteered as an Assistant Immigration Caseworker at the Manuel Bravo Project in Leeds.
Guy has a strong interest in privacy issues, state and corporate restrictions on dissent, and social and economic rights of migrants.
"Written on behalf of my wife Karen, to express her grateful thanks for the hard work and continuous efforts put in by Guy Mitchell to get a positive result in the case. Over the past 36 months he has kept her informed, supported and up to date with the issues and given realistic and honest responses to her questions and requests. He was very understanding of the concerns she had. Finally bringing about a favourable conclusion and settlement to allow closure to the case. Many thanks again to all concerned." Karen
Career & Personal Interests
- Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen, 2018 – present
- Trainee Solicitor, Matthew Gold & Company, 2016 – 2018
- Legal Practice Course (Distinction), BPP, 2015 – 2016
- Diploma in Law (Distinction), BPP, 2014 – 2015
- MA Philosophy of Education (Distinction), Institute of Education, UoL, 2011 – 2013
- BA (Hons.) Politics and Southeast Asian Studies, 2:1, University of Leeds, 2007 – 2010
- Police Action Lawyers Group
- Inquest Lawyers Group
- Housing and Immigration Group
In Guy’s spare time he enjoys hiking, cycling and generally spending time outside.