About Gimhani Eriyagolla
Gimhani joined Hodge Jones & Allen in 2018 as a solicitor in the Civil Liberties team. Prior to this, she worked at Irwin Mitchell in their Public law and Human Rights department, and completed my training at Bhatt Murphy solicitors.
Gimhani has also worked as a paralegal for a number of years in actions against the police, inquests, public law and immigration. She currently specialise in civil claims against public authorities and representing bereaved families in inquests.
Gimhani volunteers with the Asylum Support Appeals Project as a duty scheme advocate.
"I WAS TREATED IN A VERY PROFESSIONAL MANNER FROM BEGINNING TO THE VERY SATISFACTORY CONCLUSION. I WOULD HAVE NO HESITATION IN HIGHLY RECOMMENDING THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE IN NEED OF LEGAL ADVICE."
- “Excellent lawyers. Very supportive and sympathetic and caring. Always available if you are unsure about anything to talk you through your queries. Everyone that was involved in my case was so caring and shown empathy. So kind. They made my case which was a difficult time for me easier to understand and deal with.”
- “First of all many thanks to Miss Gimhani Eriyagolla to be with me, all the way to the end. Thank you. I had the best response from Hodge Jones & Allen. You dealt with my case better than I thought. In future, if anyone need a solicitor I will advise them to use the Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors. Many many thanks.” Sayeed Hussini
- “Amazing service. It took a bit of time but they know what they doing. Many thanks Gimhani Eriyagolla and her team. Wonderful work. Thank you.”
- “My case involved claiming compensation from several companies, all of whom at first denied liability. My solicitor, Gimhani Eriyagolla, fought hard, on my behalf, to point out to these companies that they were, indeed, liable, which they all, eventually accepted. Gimhani then fought for an acceptable and fair settlement from each of them. Throughout the entire case, I was kept informed on any developments. The case was resolved and resulted in my receiving the compensation due from each of the companies. I was treated in a very professional manner from beginning to the very satisfactory conclusion. I would have no hesitation in highly recommending this company to anyone in need of legal advice. It was a pleasure to deal with them.”
Career & Personal Interests
- Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen, 2018 – present
- Solicitor, Irwin Mitchell, 2016 – 2017
- Trainee Solicitor, Bhatt Murphy Solicitors, 2014 – 2016
- Legal Practice Course (p/t) – 2011 – 2013
- LLM public law and human rights, UCL, 2010 – 2011
- BA (Hons) Law, University of Nottingham, 2006 – 2009
- Police Action Lawyers Group
- Inquest Lawyers Group
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers
In Gimhani’s spare time she enjoys yoga.