Aneela is a Trainee Solicitor in the Social Housing department working with the head of the team, Jayesh Kunwardia. This is her first seat and she is looking forward to working on a variety of housing cases.
Prior to joining Hodge Jones & Allen Aneela was a paralegal at another firm in their Public Law and Community Care Department. In this role she assisted solicitors to represent claimant clients in Judicial Review challenges. She routinely assisted often vulnerable clients to challenge Home Office, other Government Department and Local Authority decisions. Aneela also worked as a paralegal in an Employment Law Department assisting solicitors to represent claimants in a large and high profile group claim pursuing equal pay in a UK supermarket.
Aneela has also volunteered with Refugee Action, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Refugee Council and the Free Representation Unit. She recently volunteered in Moria Refugee Camp, Lesvos with European Lawyers in Lesvos assisting lawyers to provide asylum advice.
- LLM Legal Practice Course, Distinction – Nottingham Law School
- Law LLB (Hons), First Class – University of Manchester
- Trainee Solicitor at Hodge Jones & Allen – September 2019 to present
- Paralegal (Public Law and Community Care) at Bhatia Best Solicitors – October 2018 to June 2019
- Paralegal (Employment) at Leigh Day – June 2018 to October 2018
In her spare time Aneela enjoys reading, cooking and spending time with friends and family. She also enjoys live music and has volunteered as an Oxfam Festival Steward multiple times.