About Nadine Refaat
Nadine is a Trainee Solicitor currently in the Housing team, where she is assisting the head of the department, Jayesh Kunwardia, with various matters ranging from disrepair, homelessness reviews, unlawful evictions and public law matters.
Nadine’s first seat was in the Medical Negligence team, where she assisted Dawn Treloar with a range of complex claims including high value birth injury cases, fatal and psychiatric claims, inquests and surgical cases.
Nadine joined Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors in June 2017 where she started as a paralegal in the Mental capacity & Deputyship department. She assisted the professional deputies who predominately act for brain injured clients and clients with mental health problems. Nadine subsequently went on to join the Medical Negligence department in June 2018. Here, she assisted two solicitors with a variety of cases including GP negligence, obstetric injuries, surgical errors, orthopaedic injuries, fatal claims and inquests, which included Article 2 inquests.
Memberships and Volunteer Opportunities
- Camden Citizen Advice Bureau
- Pro-Bono, Birmingham Law School
Career & Personal Interests
- Trainee Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors (2020 – present)
- Clinical Negligence Paralegal, Hodge Jones & Allen (2018 – 2020)
- Court of Protection Paralegal, Hodge Jones & Allen (2017 – 2018)
- Costs Paralegal, Duncan Lewis (2016 – 2017)
- LPC, BPP Law School; 2018 – 2020 (Distinction)
- Law LLB, University of Birmingham; 2013-2016 (2:1 Honours)
Nadine has a keen interest in travelling experiencing different cultures. She also enjoys attending musical events and visiting art galleries.