About Oliver Edwards
Oliver is a Paralegal in the Housing team. He joined HJA in August 2021. He predominantly acts for clients in discrimination and public law review claims as well as the Grenfell Public Enquiry. He previously acted as a paralegal at Suffolk Law Centre and supported its twin charity, the Ipswich and Suffolk Council for Racial Equality, in the Suffolk Police Stop and Search Reference Group.
Oliver also interned as a Research Assistant at the Grotius Centre for International Law in The Hague, contributing to research into treaty interpretation at the European Court of Human Rights. His personal research focuses on using human rights for accountability of the rise of the digital and algorithmic state.
"I had a great experience with this company, the lawyer in particular Oliver Edwards, Paralegal for Hodge Jones and Allen. He explained everything to me step by step. I was involved in decision making and the results where very good and smooth."
- Oliver Edwards was amazing with dealing with my case against the local authority. Very patient and understanding. Got a good result too.
- “I had a great experience with this company, the lawyer in particular Oliver Edwards, Paralegal for Hodge Jones and Allen. He explained everything to me step by step. I was involved in decision making and the results where very good and smooth.”
- “I work for a charity Hestia who supports victims of trafficking and modern slavery. My client had issues with the standards and suitability of their accommodation. I contacted HJA to consider the legal issues and find the best support for my client. Oliver investigated the issues my client was facing. He sent a pre-action letter to the Home Office highlighting the illegality of their decision under domestic and international law. After 10 days we received notification that my client would be returned to appropriate accommodation.”
- “Oliver’s service was outstanding, he kept us updated throughout.”
"I can't Thank Mr Oliver Edwards enough, who managed my case in such executive and professional manner and knew exactly the right approach to take. He was extremely professional, understood my circumstances and concerns . Very grateful for his advices and patient to answer my queries. would not hesitate to recommend this service to everyone."
Career & Personal Interests
- Paralegal, Hodge Jones & Allen, August 2021 – Present
- Paralegal, Suffolk Law Centre, 2020 – July 2021
- Business Analyst (Automation and Modelling), Hiscox, 2017 to 2019
- SQE, Barbri, 2021 – 2022
- Public International Law LLM, Leiden University (the Netherlands), 2019 – 2020
- Law with Politics LLB (Hons), University of Manchester, 2014 – 2017
Oliver is keen mountain biker and former elite level racer. He now prefers riding and camping his way across entire countries at a more leisurely pace. At the weekends, he can often been found in the live music venues of London and Manchester.