I was admitted as a solicitor in 1986. I worked at Alistair Porter & Co of Lincolns Inn Fields, becoming a salaried partner there and subsequently at the ensuing partnership of Porters in Tottenham, North London.
When Porters closed in 2006 I became a Consultant at Tottenham High Road firm Needham Poulier. I joined Hodge Jones and Allen as a Consultant in October 2011.
Throughout my 27 years as a solicitor I have specialised in all forms of criminal defence law. I have a loyal following of clients, some of whom I have represented since the very beginning of my career.
I have acted for defendants charged with a broad range of offences. These have ranged from murder, sexual offences, other serious assaults and fraud to driving offences and theft.
- “Maxine was amazing from minute 1, completely understood my side and how I saw the situation. Was able to help me see the best way to tackle the issue. Always responsive, always available via email and for the first time, it actually felt like she wanted to help me, not like it was just her job. Laura, who Maxine sent to help me on the day, again was very lovely and clear in her thoughts on the issue. Didn’t leave me with any doubt or uncertainty. Both amazing and can’t thank them enough, justice serviced with their help! “
- “Ms Maxine Barker and her police station colleague were more than fantastic. I have no words to describe their exceptional professional performance in handling my case. They are of very high integrity and totally incorruptible. ….. Ms Maxine Barker and her team at HJA could not be bought over, even though I am a poor black man with nothing to offer to them. They worked hard to save me from injustice, racial discrimination and police oppression and persecution and from being homeless. Right from the start the Holborn Police knew that there was nothing against me, yet about 15 white police officers were deployed to attack or arrest me forcefully in a choke hold. Please if anybody really wants justice regardless of your colour, race or creed, rich or poor do not hesitate to contact Hodge Jones & Allen solicitors for all your cases. They have saved me from becoming homeless twice. I will be happy to give live account of my testimonies at any time. Please do not forget that Hodge Jones & Allen is your one stop shop for all your legal matters. They are god sent for all human beings. Thank you very much HJA. I am very grateful.” J Arthur
- “Felt so supported throughout the whole process and couldn’t be more grateful. Highly recommend.”
- “Consistent, Professional and Exceptional, are just a few words that describe Alex P. and her team. Maxine is an amazing brief, her understanding really helped my case and outcome, at a time when other active professionals remain helpful. Suzanne in Housing Department excel’s in directional support and communication from day 1, everything she does is great and consistent. She has an exceptional team and contacts who really care. Thank you for believing in people and reminding us all that every prior birthday and individual of HJA count within your message of fight. Wonderful representative support throughout – Sincere thank you to all at Hodge Jones and Allen.”
Membership & Appointments
- London Criminal Courts Solicitors Association
- Admitted as a Solicitor – 1986
- Training contract 1984 – 1986
- Articles- Alistair Porter & Co
- College of Law Chancery Lane
- Exeter University LLB Hons
I am a regular spectator of rugby and football, enjoy travelling and keen cyclist and have embarked on charity challenge cycles to Vietnam, Cambodia and India as well as in UK.