About Anita Barylska
Anita joined the firm to commence her training contract in September 2021 and is currently undertaking her first seat in the Dispute Resolution department under the supervision of Chun Wong.
Prior to that, Anita worked as a personal injury paralegal in two practices in London and as a Senior Independent Modern Slavery Advocate in a charity supporting victims of modern slavery, human trafficking and labour exploitation. Thanks to the experience gathered in the third sector, she has published academic papers aiming at bridging the gap between the theory and practice of anti-trafficking laws in the UK.
Anita has also volunteered for numerous charities, including Liberty and Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Senior Independent Modern Slavery Advocate, East European Resource Centre, 2018-2021
- Paralegal, Leigh Day Solicitors, 2016-2018
- Assistant and then Paralegal, Slater and Gordon Lawyers, 2014-2016
- LLM in Human Rights Law, Queen Mary University of London, 2019-2020
- LPC LLM in Professional Legal Practice, the University of Law, 2016-2018
- LLB in European Legal Studies, the University of Kent, incl. a student exchange at the University of Vienna, 2010-2014
In her free time Anita goes to the gym and takes short trips outside London. She also enjoys learning foreign languages and is currently studying European Portuguese.