I was admitted as a solicitor in 2010, having trained at Hodge Jones & Allen LLP. I am a skilled advocate, representing clients through each stage of the criminal justice system.
I have dealt with multi handed cases with high profile clients suspected of serious violence, large scale drug importations and sexual offences.
With a keen interest in youth law, I work within the dedicated criminal youth team to represent those under the age of 18 suspected of criminal offences. In addition I have specialist knowledge of gang crime cases, and have represented defendants in relation to contested ASBO applications brought by the police and the local authority.
I have represented business proprietors, prosecuted by the local authority, in relation to breaches of health and safety regulations and am familiar with EC regulation in relation to food hygiene.
Listed as a star in Super Lawyers
- Duty Solicitor Accreditation, 2011
- Police Accreditation Course, 2009
- LPC, London College of Law, 2005 – 2006
- LLB (Hons) Law, 2001 – 2004
- Admitted as a Solicitor, 2010
- Training Contract – HJA, 2008 – 2010
- “Perveen explained everything to me and let me know where I stood.”
- “Perveen took her time to go through the case with us. She explained things in an honest way with an empathic approach. She welcomed our questions and was so wonderful throughout.”
- R v Chindamo (Aug 2011) – Successfully secured the acquittal of Mr Chindamo, the convicted murderer of the head teacher Phillip Lawrence. This case attracted significant media attention both during the trial and following acquittal.
- R v CT (2012) – Represented a client who was alleged to have imported in excess of £2 million worth of drugs seized at Dover.
- R v JT (2012) – Represented a client in relation to an armed robbery at Goldsmiths’ store where over £50,000 worth if jewellery and watches were stolen.
- R v RA (Present) – Currently representing a suspect accused with 14 others of a conspiracy to steal metal from Network Rail.