I have specialised in Claimant Personal Injury throughout my career covering a wide range of areas including accidents at work, occupiers liability, highways claims and road traffic accidents including those involving pedestrians and cyclists. My career has also entailed team leader and management roles involving supervising and auditing other members of the Personal Injury team, risk assessing and allocating new claims and holding team meetings. I am now very involved at Hodge Jones & Allen in the management of the whole Personal Injury team as well as running my own caseload.
- University of St Andrews – MA Hons Modern History
- College of Law Guildford – CPE and Law Society Finals
- Member – 2013
- Partner – 2012
- Associate Solicitor – 2011
- Hodge Jones & Allen – 2010
- Colemans-ctts LLP – 2001
- Crockers Oswald Hickson – 1994
- Admitted as a Solicitor – 1992
- Articles – Kingsford Stacey Solicitors
- “I just wanted to drop a note letting you know how much my brother- in-law and we as a family sincerely appreciate your immense and extraordinary help in handling his personal injury case. We are extremely grateful for the extra miles you went to get the compensation he deserves for what he has been through and most importantly making sure the case didn’t go to court all because of your hard work and dedication in the matter, so thank you for everything you have done for my brother in-law. Also my brother-in-law himself wishes to express his sincere gratitude and says thank you so much for all your hard work, skills, efforts and thoughtful way in helping bring his case to settlement without going to court. So once gain thank you, thank you, thank you a million times.”
- “That is fantastic news! Thank you so much.I really appreciate all the effort that you have gone to in my case.”
- “I felt like I was in good hands.”
- “The expertise, at the end particularly, really shone through. The service provided was always very clear and competent.”
- Acted for a Claimant who was loading furniture from a warehouse into a lorry when one of the units containing sofas fell sideways and fell onto the Claimant trapping him beneath the unit. Sustained an injury to his back. 3 potential defendants but liability admitted by one and recovered damages of £56,500.
- Represented a Claimant who was employed as a panel beater and was working on a vehicle on a body jig. As he re-positioned the support beam, he felt intense pain in his groin and he suffered a hernia. Liability was strenuously denied but medical evidence was obtained and court proceedings issued. Following negotiations liability was compromised at two thirds / one third in the Claimant’s favour and he recovered £20,000.
- Acted for the Claimant who was a paint sprayer. He was preparing a vehicle for spraying and he needed to use a ladder to do so. He was part way up the ladder when it wobbled and he fell onto his side fracturing his wrist. Liability was denied initially but admitted after a robust response. The defendant valued the case at £5000 but each party obtained their own medical reports and the case settled after some considerable negotiation at £70,000.
- Represented a Claimant who was at work when she brushed against a hot water metal container and hot water spilled onto her stomach. Suffered a burn and some psychiatric symptoms. Liability was admitted and the case settled after negotiation for £11,000.
- Acted for a Claimant who was involved in a cycling accident. Liability was compromised on a 50/50 basis. She sustained a serious shoulder injury and could not continue her chosen career following the accident. She received £30,000.
- Represented the Claimant who slipped on a wet floor at work and sustained multiple fractures to her left elbow requiring surgery. Liability was admitted and the case settled at £26,000.
- Acted for a cyclist who was cycling on the main road when a car pulled out into his path. He sustained injures to his head, hand and back. He suffered from some minor concentration problems. Evidence was obtained from a neurologist and the case settled at £35,000.
- Acted for a Claimant who tripped on a ramp as she entered a shop and fell sideways. She sustained an injury to her right shoulder but did not wish to undergo surgery. She recovered £15,000.
- Represented a pedestrian who was crossing the road when he was struck on his right side by a motor cyclist. He sustained a complex fracture to his dominant wrist, bruising and psychological effects. Liability was strenuously denied and the defendants invited him to withdraw his claim. After robust arguments on liability being put to the defendant representatives, they offered to settle the case at £5,000 which was rejected by the Claimant. On receipt of a letter stating that court proceedings were being issued the defendant then made an offer to settle at £50,000 which the Claimant accepted.
- Acted for a Claimant who was shopping in Bluewater when she slipped on greasy residue beside discarded chips, fracturing her kneecap and injuring her ankle. She also suffered psychologically in that she found she was too nervous to go out on her own. Liability was admitted and the case settled for £12,000.
Membership & Appointments
- The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- The Law Society Personal Injury Panel
I enjoy sport including attending boot camp sessions several times a week and the gym. I also love to travel.