I have been working in the law for more than 40 years. I joined Hodge Jones and Allen from a large City practice in 2013. Most of my working life has been spent in the Private client area although I also spent 7 years in Canada working in Corporate/commercial law as a paralegal. I deal with the drafting of Wills, the administration of probate, trust creation and administration, personal tax planning in relation, largely, to the capital taxes (inheritance tax and capital gains tax) but also income tax and Court of Protection work including Lasting Powers of Attorney. I was a panel Receiver for the Court of Protection.
- Postgraduate Degree in Law (College of Law) – 1997
Since qualification in 1997:
- Partner – Hodge Jones & Allen – 2013
- Partner and Head of Private Client Department – DAC Beachcroft LLP – 2005 – 2013 (KSB Law LLP (2005-08) merged with Davies Arnold Cooper LLP (2008-11) merged with Beachcroft.
- Partner and Head of Private Client Department – Lee & Pembertons – 2002 – 2005
- Partner – Maples Teesdale – 2000 – 2002
- Assistant Solicitor – Speechly Bircham – 1997 – 2000
Membership & Appointments
- The Law Society
- The Private Client Section of the Law Society
- The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- The City of Westminster and Holborn Law Society
I am a life long supporter of Arsenal Football Club and have only recently stopped going to matches. I have been going since I was 6 years old with my father and other family members who share the same delusions! I am married and have two sons and, so far, one grand-daughter. My main interests are reading and walking.