I joined Hodge Jones and Allen in 2007 as a housing paralegal and have since successfully completed my training contract at the firm. I qualified as a solicitor in September 2011.
I have assisted tenants to bring disrepair claims, to defend injunction proceedings and to defend possession claims. I have also successfully dealt with a variety of Housing Act appeals in the County Court on behalf of homeless applicants. I also have a particular interest in utilising the Equality Act 2010 to promote and defend the interests of my clients.
I am also recommended in the Legal 500.
- GDL and LPC, College of Law, London
- History degree (2:1 Hons) Kings College, London – 2003
- Associate, Hodge Jones & Allen, May 2016 – present
- Admitted as a Solicitor – 2011
- “I just want to thank you for the care and attention that you have given to our case. You have been so thorough and your support and advice has been very helpful and consoling to us in this difficult situation.”
- “I would just like to thank you for all the work you did for me. I could not have wished for a better person to have dealt with it and the service I have received from you has been excellent, I feel that you handled the work very professionally and were very prompt with your replies to my questions.”
- “I really appreciated all your hard work and dedication. Very thankful for the support you gave me during the case. Without you I don’t think it would have been possible to have gotten such a good outcome. Thank you again so much.”
- “Excellent -helpful, honest and hardworking.”
Membership & Appointments
- Housing Law Practitioner’s Association
- Wandsworth v NJ –Case no: B5/2012/3414. I acted for the homeless applicant who had fled domestic violence in another part of the UK and moved into a women’s refuge in London. The Court of Appeal upheld the County Court decision that the local authority had erred by not issuing a further ‘minded to find’ decision to allow the applicant an opportunity to respond to their findings in relation to the risk of harm she faced in London.
I enjoy reading and travel.