I joined Hodge Jones & Allen in 2012, initially as a support clerk to the Criminal Defence department and, after 2 years, I took up a role as a paralegal. I have since assisted my supervisor in extradition cases as well as experiencing a varied criminal defence caseload, including Magistrates’ and Crown Court matters.
I began my period of recognised training with Hodge Jones & Allen in September 2017. My first seat was in the Industrial Disease team where I assisted in complex asbestos-related claims against previous employers and insurers. My second seat was in the Clinical Negligence Department, dealing with a variety of cases involving dentistry, NHS and private practice. In my third and final seat, I assisted Nigel Richardson in the Criminal Defence department in a variety of different matters, including serious sex cases.
I completed my period of recognised training on 27 February 2019 and qualified into the Criminal Defence Department expect to qualify as a solicitor on 15 March 2019.
- University of Law – Legal Practice Course, 2016 – 2017
- De Montfort University – Graduate Diploma in Law (part-time), 2013 – 2015
- Royal Holloway University of London – Spanish & Philosophy, Bachelor of Arts, 2008 – 2012
- Trainee Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen, September 2017 – February 2019
- Criminal Defence Paralegal, Hodge Jones & Allen, September 2014 – August 2017
- Criminal Defence Support Clerk, Hodge Jones & Allen, September 2012 – November 2015