About Amirah Choudhury
Amirah is a Paralegal in the housing department managing her own caseload, predominantly dealing with homelessness, homelessness reviews, possession and disrepair. She also has experience in dealing with succession matters.
Amirah previously worked as a Housing Clerk for Hodge Jones & Allen for over a year before becoming a Paralegal.
"“Amirah has been a Godsend. She has proven to be empathetic, highly knowledgeable and most of all fighting my corner."
- “Very kind, very professional. These are solicitors that care about you and the outcome of your case. Thank you Amirah”
- “Extremely professional firm with unbeatable reputation. I am really happy that I asked for support and help from this firm because, the staff [Amirah] were really friendly and expert. I have been notified beforehand what to expect. Thanks to them I won the case and I was awarded a big compensation.”
- “Very helpful and achieved the best outcome I could have expected. Always replied to my emails within the same working day and even got me compensation. I would highly recommend.”
- “Was flooded for the 5th time, in my Housing Association Flat, in July 2017! I’m a vulnerable adult, a fact known to this HA. On all occasions it’s been extremely frustrating, laborious and stressful trying to get the extensive damage treated and for timely painting and decorating done!! ……Amirah supported me very well from day one; she was in constant contact with me and forwarded letters from doctors, etc stating the negative impact this was having on my physical, emotional and mental health, to the Housing Association’s Legal department. The Housing Association had initially REFUSED to move me to a place of safety…… in spite of water pouring through light fixtures, wall sockets, walls and ceilings in 90% of my flat! They very reluctantly put me up in a hotel, but called me to threaten that I should return to my flat- meanwhile, there were TWO industrial dehumidifiers operating for 12-15 hours daily for 14 days to try to dry out the flat! This was during the summer! It took a further 16 months for the moisture to dry up- resulting in very expensive utility bills that they refused to reimburse me for. In spite of all her hard work and perseverance, coupled with my efforts to resolve this problem ASAP, they STILL took an inordinately long time to get all the jobs done to a high standard (this stain blocking and using appropriate paint). As a direct consequence of the poor state of my flat, I developed breathing problems and have to use inhaler pumps indefinitely! Without the hard work put in by Amirah, this would have made my health deteriorate drastically… I wholeheartedly recommend this company to anyone and everyone who has the misfortune that I’ve had, of uncaring Housing Providers.”
“Amira has been a Godsend. She has proven to be empathetic, highly knowledgeable and most of all fighting my corner. She will make a great solicitor and I cannot thank her enough for her very professional help. I would highly recommend her to anyone! Thank you.”
“I am very, very happy, and pleased with the help I have received. Huge thanks to Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors and special thanks to Amirah Choudhury! I am very grateful for their services and that did an excellent and exceptional job. Once I had contacted them, they reacted straight away and helped resolve my issues. I am very happy with their professional quality service. I strongly recommend their service!! Thank you.”
“Amazing, always at hand when we need our solicitor. Miss Amirah Choudhury is very knowledgeable and helpful.”
“They really gave the best help. They kept in touch quite often and was extremely helpful. I recommend them fully.”
Career & Personal Interests
- Paralegal, Housing – Hodge, Jones & Allen; 2018 to present
- Housing Clerk – Hodge, Jones & Allen; 2016 – 2017
- Law LLB (Hons) 2:1 – Brunel University – 2014 – 2018
- LLM Legal Practice (Solicitors) – BPP University – Sep 2018
Amirah enjoys rock climbing in her spare time. She likes to travel and explore and has recently travelled to Mongolia where she stayed in the Gobi Desert with the Nomads.
She also enjoys undertaking voluntary work and has travelled to Greece and Volunteered at a Refugee Camp during the refugee crisis, in 2016. She is involved in undertaking human rights work where she previously worked on the Knowing Our Rights project as a Human Rights Research Assistant.