I joined HJA’s new Industrial Disease Department in spring of 2016.
I assist the Partners in using the law to help bring justice for clients and their families who suffer terrible asbestos-related respiratory diseases caused by negligent employers. My work involves tracing old companies and their insurers, investigating sources of harmful exposure, applying for state benefits, and getting our clients access to new cancer treatment trials, as well as fighting for fair compensation on their behalf.
I help to organise and participate in events that raise awareness and funds on behalf of the London Asbestos Support Awareness Group (LASAG), Maggies Cancer Centre, Mesothelioma UK, Guys and St Thomas’ Hospital, and British Lung Foundation who are making a direct impact to our clients’ lives. I also, volunteer at the Citizens Advice Bureau in Camden and assist housing and employment law solicitors provide free legal advice to the local community. Moreover, I produce and host a monthly discussion radio show in Betar Bangla station talking to specialist about legal issues that affect the Bengali community.
Since setting up the ID team’s twitter profile two years ago I have attracted 500 followers and get 5k views on average per week. I am an active tweeter, producing a monthly themed blog series and participating in live twitter chats about the effects of asbestos exposure as a global health issue.
- Paralegal at Hodge Jones & Allen, 2016 to present
- Paralegal – AA Law Ltd, 2015 – 2015
- Paralegal at Lyons Davidson Solicitors, 2010 – 2015
- Court Reporter at HMCTS Crown Court, Leeds, 2008 -2010
- Level 6 CILEx Diploma in Law and Practice – CILEx Law School, 2016 to present
- Level 3 CILEx Certificate in Law and Practice – CILEx Law School, 2010 – 2014
- BA Popular Music (Hons) – Leeds College of Music, 2005 – 2008
Memberships and Appointments
- Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (ACILEx)
- Musicians’ Union (MU)
- Performance Rights Society (PRS for Music)
In my spare time I am an active musician/performer. I’ve appeared on stage in HJA’s successful theatre productions 2 years in a row which has entertained many and raised money for Millie Mittoo Children’s Projects, a charity which supports homeless orphans in Islamabad.
I sing in the London Contemporary Voices choir and have played trumpet in numerous live gigs and studio recordings across Europe. I’ve been fortunate enough to play with post-rock band Lanterns on the Lake, and perform at Glastonbury Festival 3 times with the touring show Slamboree.