About Josephine Russen
Josephine joined Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors as an Associate Solicitor in January 2020. Her work involves advising individuals in relation to the following:
- Drafting complex wills
- Inheritance Tax planning
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Advising on and drafting lifetime and will trust deeds including Personal Injury Trusts, Discretionary Trusts and Life Interest Trusts
- Deputyship applications
- Assisting in the management of the financial affairs of mentally incapacitated clients
Josephine aims to provide a service which is just as strong as her technical ability. She will always listen and understand a client’s concerns and priorities before providing a solution which is both practical and cost-effective. Josephine endeavours to communicate clearly, keep clients informed and act promptly when progressing all matters.
"Josephine was extremely helpful... We would definitely recommend HJA."
- “I would just like to express my gratitude and thanks to HJA and Josephine for navigating us through a difficult situation and getting us to a good place with the minimum of hassle. HJA’s level of empathy matched their level of efficiency and professionalism… and this is such an important factor when dealing with people. Thank you so much for your guidance and getting us quickly to where we needed to be. I can recommend HJA without hesitation and will be going straight to them for any other future solicitor needs.”
“Although a little pricier than other solicitors, we had a very positive experience with HJA. We were really impressed by the speed and sensitivity our solicitor Josephine Russen responded to our initial enquiry about writing a will. She took time at the beginning to meet with us on zoom and patiently explained the process. Josephine was extremely helpful in subsequent communications, and we are very happy with the finished product. We would definitely recommend HJA.”
“We found Hodge Jones & Allen to be thoughtful and attentive in the process of updating our wills; and the solicitor Josephine Russen could not have been more helpful. Very much appreciated.”
“Good experience updating Will under National Free Wills Network arrangements.”
Memberships & Appointments
- Affiliate Member of STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners)
- Law Society Private Client Member
"Josephine Russen could not have been more helpful. Very much appreciated.”
Career & Personal Interests
- 2020: Associate Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors
- 2018: Solicitor, Guile Nicholas Solicitors
- 2015: Trainee Solicitor, Jeffrey Mills Solicitors (now Beacon Wealth Legal Limited)
- 2019: STEP Advanced Certificate in Will Writing: passed with merit
- 2019: Masters in Law and Business, BPP University: distinction
- 2014: Legal Practice Course, BPP University (Cambridge): distinction
- 2011: Law LLB, University of East Anglia: 2:1
Josephine is a slightly out of practice grade 6 classical pianist and enjoys playing in her spare time. She is also a very active person with interests in general fitness, running and swimming. On more adventurous holidays she enjoys skiing, surfing, diving and hiking. Josephine loves to travel and have particular affection for the South American landscape, culture and cuisine.
She enjoys pro bono work and has volunteered with Shelter, the Innocence Project and has walked on several of London’s Legal Walks in aid of Access of Justice.