I was admitted as a solicitor in 2010 after completing my training with Hodge Jones & Allen. I specialise in criminal defence and am a criminal higher rights advocate who regularly appears at the police station, Magistrates’ Court and the Crown Court. I can therefore represent clients from the start to the finish of a case.
My experience in all venues of the criminal justice system adds to my expertise in advising clients of the implications of decisions at the police station on trial. I can recognise the issues in a case at the outset. I am intelligent, succinct and clear. I am building up a niche practice in serious sexual offences and serious fraud. I pay particular attention to detail and relish in technical legal arguments. I am not afraid to protect my clients’ rights and I am dedicated to arguing their causes. Listed as a star in Super Lawyers.
- Nottingham Trent University 2003–2007
- Law (Sandwich) LLB – First Class with Honours
- Diploma in Professional Practice – Distinction
- Nottingham Trent University 2007–2008
- Legal Practice Course – Distinction
- Solicitor Advocate (Higher Courts Criminal Proceedings) 2010
- Admitted as a Solicitor and joined Hodge Jones & Allen Criminal Defence Team 2010
- Trainee Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen, 2008 – 2010
- “You were brilliant, definitely in the A Team.”
- “Extremely well organised.”
- “Angel in disguis.e”
- “Meeting Jennifer was lovely and she is very good at what she does.”
- “Jennifer convinced me an appeal would be a good idea resulting in my sentence being reduced.”
- “There can’t be many people as passionate.”
- R v B – Appeal against sentence for dangerous driving. The appeal against sentence was allowed and the Court considered that the short period of time the Appellant had held a full driving licence did not amount to any significant aggravation of the offence. Detention for 40 weeks reduced to 3 months and disqualification reduced from 3 years to 2 years.
- R v WG – Assisted in the confiscation proceedings following the collapse of Imperial Consolidated Group owing £255m to investors.
- R v JB – Allegation of fraud over £100k involving misleading adverts being sent to various businesses. A plea was entered under the misleading marketing regulations. Suspended sentence.
- R v VE – Allegation of money laundering involving a money exchange.
- R v PT – Allegation of rape involving an adult who did not have the capacity to consent to sexual intercourse. Matter discontinued prior to the Crown Court trial.
- R v SW – Allegation of historic sexual abuse. Matter discontinued.
- R v KA – Allegation of sexual assault against a consultant surgeon.
I have travelled South East Asia extensively and enjoy nothing more than a summer time barbeque and night at the theatre.