My particular area of expertise is representing private and professional clients – advising solicitors, barristers, doctors, teachers, accountants and vets who are accused of criminal and regulatory offences. The professional people I represent have been accused of serious misconduct such as fraud and sexual offences.
My skills are tailored to representing multi handed and complex criminal cases.
I am delighted to have gained independent recognition as a ‘Rising Star 2013 and 2014’ in Super Lawyers.
- Criminal Defence
- Sexual Offences
- Serious Fraud
- Drug Offences
- Money Laundering Offences
- “During the course of my trial I found Jennifer to be truly empathetic to my situation whilst also being extremely thorough when running my defence. I consider her to have been pivotal to my eventual acquittal and I will be recommending her as a top notch criminal defence solicitor to any person I come across who finds themselves in a similarly unfortunate position as myself.”
- “Miss Siddorn was absolutely amazing, she is a very very sharp articulate and witty solicitor. She was utterly faultless and a very bright solicitor. There are no words that can express my satisfaction”
- “Extremely well organised.”
- “Angel in disguise.”
- “Jennifer convinced me an appeal would be a good idea resulting in my sentence being reduced.”
- Nottingham Trent University 2003–2007
- Law (Sandwich) LLB – First Class with Honours
- Diploma in Professional Practice – Distinction
- Nottingham Trent University 2007–2008
- Legal Practice Course – Distinction
- Associate 2015
- Solicitor Advocate (Higher Courts Criminal Proceedings) 2010
- Admitted as a Solicitor and joined Hodge Jones & Allen Criminal Defence Team 2010
- Trainee Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen, 2008 – 2010
- R v WG – Assisted in the confiscation proceedings following the collapse of Imperial Consolidated Group owing £255m to investors.
- R v SS – Fraud involving a large number of misleading adverts being sent to businesses.
- R v TL – A complex fraud involving a solicitor and fraudulent personal injury claims.
- R v IK and RK and others – Seven handed conspiracy to supply cocaine. Jennifer represented two clients both of whom were acquitted. Those who were convicted received substantial prison sentences.
- R v VE – Six handed conspiracy to money launder. Allegation of money laundering involving a money exchange. Unanimous acquittal.
- R v PT – Allegation of rape involving an adult who lacked capacity to consent to sexual intercourse. Matter discontinued prior to the Crown Court trial.
- R v SW – Allegation of historic sexual abuse. Matter discontinued.
- R v KA – Allegation of sexual assault against a consultant surgeon. Unanimous acquittal.
- R v RB – Allegation of sexual assault against a consultant doctor. Unanimous acquittal.
- R v AB – Appeal against sentence for dangerous driving. The appeal against sentence was allowed and the Court considered that the short period of time the Appellant had held a full driving licence did not amount to any significant aggravation of the offence. Detention for 40 weeks reduced to 3 months and disqualification reduced from 3 years to 2 years.
- R v FK – Allegation of failing to provide a specimen for alcohol testing. Successful submission of no case to answer.
- Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons v OL – Defended vet convicted of possessing indecent material.
- SRA v TL – Defended solicitor convicted of multiple fraud.
I have travelled South East Asia extensively and enjoy nothing more than a summer time barbeque and night at the theatre.