About Umay Zahra Hussain
Umay Zahra joined the Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitor’s Social Housing team in March 2020 and is currently working under the supervision of Satvir Sahota. Prior to this, she was working as a caseworker to Diane Abbott MP where she handled homelessness, disrepair, eviction, immigration and social welfare matters.
She has volunteered with various charities including travelling to Greece to facilitate an empowerment project encouraging creative expression for refugees and migrants. Additionally, she has contributed to challenging the rise of hate crimes in the UK under the UK Coalition for Preventing Genocide under the UN Office for the Prevention of Genocide.
Umay Zahra is particularly interested in improving access to justice for marginalised groups and vulnerable individuals through legal mechanisms, to ensure that basic human rights are upheld and unfair practices are challenged. The saying ‘develop in your heart the feeling of love for your people and let it be a source of kindliness to them’, motivates her to treat all clients with respect and integrity.
"You are an expert at what you do, and people trust you because of it."
- “Excellent support provided during my housing. Clear guidance along the way, highlighting any risks. My solicitor was very helpful, always provided a prompt response to emails or telephone calls. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who needs support in housing, thank you Umay Zahra Hussain.”
- “You are an expert at what you do, and people trust you because of it. I’m so impressed and you are so resourceful.”
- “It was great working with you. Thank you so much for your time and effort.”
- “It was very helpful and satisfactory. We thank you about your nice and honesty job you did for us. We don’t hesitate to come to you if need any legal advice. Thank you very much.”
"I'm so impressed and you are so resourceful."
Career & Personal Interests
- Housing Paralegal at Hodge Jones & Allen (2020 – present)
- Caseworker to Rt Hon Diane Abbott MP (2018 – 2019)
- Immigration Paralegal at Majestic Solicitors Ltd (2017 – 2018)
- Intern at Tuckers Solicitors (2017)
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers
- LPC LLM – University of Law, London (2018)
- LLB Law (Hons) – School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London (2016)
Umay Zahra enjoys volunteering with community projects, photography, visiting museums and reading