Suzanne has been specialised in Housing and social welfare law since 2009. She completed her training in 5 areas including housing, welfare benefits, debt, actions against the police and Crime.
Suzanne has a particular interest and specialism in assisting homeless households in accessing the assistance that they are entitled to as well as advocating for clients with protected characteristics in relation to discrimination that can arise in a housing context. She has provided training and supervision in her role in HJA and contributed to government consultation responses on a range of subjects.
After qualification, Suzanne joined HJA’s housing team in 2015 where she has been dedicated to providing the best specialist advice and advocacy in all areas of law including possession proceedings, ASB injunctions, Disrepair, homelessness and public law including judicial review. She was made an Associate of the firm in 2020.
- Oyebanji v Waltham Forest – Reported Legal Action Group magazine 2013
The court found on appeal that the local authority had acted unreasonable to prefer the evidence of a consultant Psychiatrist commissioned by the Respondent through Now Medical over the Appellants treating psychotherapist without good reason.
- London Borough of Lambeth v Greenland – Reported Legal Action magazine 2019
The court denied permission to the Claimant to enforce a warrant of eviction against the Defendant, despite having admitted breaches of a suspended possession order because it was disproportionate to do so.
- “Suzanne, was very professional, polite, and was sincere in her advice in regards to my legal issue. Will definitely recommend Suzanne and her firm to others. Thanks” Mr. Ali
- “Solicitor was really helpful and polite. Susan really went the extra mile to assist me with my housing issue.”
- “I was very happy with the outcome of the case, HJA have been very helpful in assisting me with this and i would recommend them and the team that helped me (Shabnam, Mohammed, and Suzzane). Thank you very much and all the best with any future cases you may have.”
- “Consistent, Professional and Exceptional, are just a few words that describe Alex P. and her team. Maxine is an amazing brief, her understanding really helped my case and outcome, at a time when other active professionals remain helpful. Suzanne in Housing Department excel’s in directional support and communication from day 1, everything she does is great and consistent. She has an exceptional team and contacts who really care. Thank you for believing in people and reminding us all that every prior birthday and individual of HJA count within your message of fight. Wonderful representative support throughout – Sincere thank you to all at Hodge Jones and Allen.”
- “Thank you. You really are the best Solicitors in London. Suzanne Bird is the very best housing Solicitor and done the very best for me and won.”
- “Great experience and fantastic service gotten. I would always recommend this unique company to anyone.”
- “Last November, my home was on streets. I came to know about Hodge Jones & Allen. My first meeting with Jack Williams was extremely professional plus encouraging as once firm took my case I was confident that my problems are going to be solved. Suzanne Bird worked hard for a place for me and street was no more my home. This November, I have a proper place to live my life and I give entire credit to Jack and Suzanne and wish them success ever.”
- “I was very happy with the solicitor and Barrister that help me to deal with the homeless case against Westminster housing department. Very professional team; I couldn’t have better help and support !!!! Thank you so much for all the understanding in this tormented case. Excellent team …Well Done All.”
- “They were one of the kindest most helpful people I have ever met. I hope you guys keep helping people in the same situation as in the future.”
- “Thank you very much for your further assistance and your valuable advice. I notice our lives have changed a lot in positive ways since we have your further help. We are indebted to you.”
- Humanities BA(Hons) Brighton University
- GDL Sussex University
- LPC College of law – Distinction
- Associate, Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, 2020
- Solicitor, Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors, 2015
- Trainee Solicitor, Moss & Co Solicitors 2012 – 2014
- Housing Adviser, Brighton Housing Trust 2009 – 2012